Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

replace Bowtie

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:02 AM
twei is an unknown quantity at this point
Default replace Bowtie

how would i go about replacing my bowtie
it has cracked several times and now just looks like crap
where do i get a new one?

Old 04-25-2007, 12:08 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: replace Bowtie

you could try ebay for a new one, or a junkyard. Or do what I did, buy a sticker off of ebay and put it right on top. Mine was scratched like crazy and I bought some carbon fiber stickers and it looks brand new. I got the stickers on the front grille bowtie, the bowties on the doors, and the one on the tailgate next to the word blazer. Check it out. Just enter blazer bowtie on ebay and see what you get. I believe there are carbon fiber, chrome, and a couple of others you can get. I hope this helps you.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

SS Billet Bowtie w/ outline

SS Xtreme Bowtie

Billet Bowtie

That was just off of a quick, simple internet search for "blazer bowtie emblem"

Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It might help if we had a year, as well...

for 2000+ All you do is pull the grille off, and on the back of the emblem, there's to cheapie plastic threading nuts on the back of the emblem... If I remember right, they're 10mm.

The emblem comes right off.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a brand new chrome billet bowtie for 98+ Blazer's. I don't use a bowtie on my new grille, so I have no use for it. $25 shipped if interested....

Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

If you don't know how to pull the grille off, you just have to pull on it firmly.

I never got stickers, I took mine off and painted it black. All you do is wet sand it, use somebondo to take care of the scratches, prime, wet sand again and the coat with enamel, and then clear enamel.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
twei is an unknown quantity at this point

just pull on what?

Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 AM

There are two small openings under the bar on your grill that your bowtie sits on, if you run your hands underneath the bar you will find them. Make sure your hood is open and I would advise disconnecting your wiring for the lights first. Just take hold of those two openings and pull firmly and your grille should snap out of place in one big piece.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

There's also grab holes on the underside of the top part of the grille, above the bowtie, if the top of your grille is being stubborn about coming loose...

And you can't really disconnect the wiring for the lights, without taking the grille off...

Old 04-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Yeah actually you can. The headlights have to come out of course, they aren't part of the grille assembly, but the bumper lights can stay, they can be disconnected from underneath the headlight assembly.

If you must know, the only reason I explained that he should disconnect the lights first, is becasue some people justdon't know wellenough to do it. Believe me, I have seen it. I've seen at least 3 people at meets or shows pull and tug at them wondering why they dont come off, all the while breaking light assemblies or snapping wires in half.

Quick Reply: replace Bowtie