Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Replacing seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
mlapinski23 is on a distinguished road
Smile Replacing seats

So I was walking around the junkyard the other day and I found a 97 Jimmy with pristine leather seats. I have an 02 Blazer, and I figure that the Jimmy seats probably won't fit exactly into the Blazer (because of the year difference), but how difficult will it be to mod the Jimmy seats to fit? Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

They should be basically the same thing. They're both second gens. You should be able to take yours out and put those in there no problem

Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yup! Should be a direct fit!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 AM

Thanks guys. Now for the second question: My current seats are manual adjust but the leather seats are power adjust, should I attempt to wire them in or just bolt them in where I want them? The seat motor seems to be self contained, so I figure I just need to hook some power into it by tapping into the fuse box. What do you think?

Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mlapinski23
Thanks guys. Now for the second question: My current seats are manual adjust but the leather seats are power adjust, should I attempt to wire them in or just bolt them in where I want them? The seat motor seems to be self contained, so I figure I just need to hook some power into it by tapping into the fuse box. What do you think?
interesting thought....do you know what kind of harness goes to or from the seat? if it appears to only be power, you could probably just tap into the fuse box like you said...

Old 04-25-2010, 12:27 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

If your skilled enough at wiring or can afford to pay someone who is then I would say go for it if not I would say just leave it.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 AM

Not exactly sure on the harness, but I think it's worth a shot. I've been searching around both on and off the forum for the seat wiring schematics without any luck. Looks like I'm just going to have to blaze a new trail in seat wiring

Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

i've tried to get leather seats out of a 98 olds bravada to fit in my 96 blazer and they didn't fit.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Hmm, why exactly. Different mounting points?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

I just did this today to my 98 jimmy 4dr, The seats are from my 97 bravada. The front 2 bolts line up no problem So does the outer rear bolts, The inner rear seat bolts dont line up but 3 of 4 bolts hold the seats just fine. For power just tap into fuse #20 and run a ground to the seat bolt. Make sure you cut the seat plugs out of the donor vehicle so you can run the wires, And plug in your seats nice and simple.

Originally Posted by blazerboy001
i've tried to get leather seats out of a 98 olds bravada to fit in my 96 blazer and they didn't fit.
Your seats didn't fit because the 98 rear inner bolt bracket is to long so it hits of the stud sticking out of the floor, Causing the seat to sit crooked. In my case the bracket is 2 short so the seats still fit with no mods. Just check 2 see where the bolt hits, And drill a new hole for it.

Last edited by LowLife; 04-25-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacing seats