Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Roll-on bedliner for paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Beginning Member
eljefe83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roll-on bedliner for paint

With all the rust on my ride I'm going to be doing alot of patching. Without a whole lot of experience doing so I'm going to improvise the redneck way. First I'm going to cut out all the old rust, seal it, and patch it with stardard sheetmetal and rivets. Once I get everything primed and protected, my truck will look like the spaceship on "Independence Day". To hide that awful look of yellow and black stripes (lol-movie reference), I'm going to use black rool-on bedliner to cover the truck from bumper to bumper. Not the bumbers though, just the body. I figure it will hide all my shabby body work and last forever without having to worry about scratches. I know it will reduce the resale price, but I'm not looking to sell any time soon. I hope it doesn't look crappy though. I imagine it will look like a flat black blazer from a distance, but up close it could be an eye sore. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Roll-on bedliner for paint

Well.
That's unique.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:29 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

That is unique. I have seen a civc up here at school do that, and it looks awful even from a distance. It's all bumpy and holds dirt/sand/salt/pollen/etc. in the dips between lumps of the bedliner. If you were to bedline the entire thing I think it would look better if you had it done professionally (rhino'ed or line-x'ed, the spray on kind). I'll try yo get a picture of the civc to show you what i might look like.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres a show called TruckU where they did that to an old Dodge pickup truck. They painted the entire ride blue with the same kind of truck bed liner from duplicolor and i dont think it looked that bad. If you google 'entire truck painted with bedliner" you canfind some vehicles to look at. http://www.herculiner.com/testimonials_page2.html

Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen the stuff as undercoating and as like bottom 3 inch kick plate around an auto, but never on an entire auto. I would imagine it would save you from getting dents and scratches. It would also add some weight I would think.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Beginning Member
eljefe83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, the bedliner look doesn't look that bad. It might be cool to get some 1/8th inch thick 4"X7" steel or plasticbowties and attatch them to the body before the liner is applied. If it's not too difficult of a task it would look badass to lay the bowties out in a pattern to resemble diamond plate. Just throwing ideas out there.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen trucks around here with the bed liner as paint, I dont think it looks so bad neither. If ur into offroading your blazer it would be a great choice too.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:12 PM
vinny2207 is on a distinguished road

I just did my truck with it, and it didnt turn out bad at all. I didn't do the entire truck. just the wheel wells rocker/beltline and my bumpers. I'll get some pictures of the finished product up tonight. Look into herculiner, thats the roll on stuff i used.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned
michaelross is on a distinguished road

Used my truck bed liners as a paint for the bumpers and it did not turn out that bad..It was okay after all.

Last edited by michaelross; 10-06-2009 at 09:45 PM.