Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Seats swap and sunroof ques

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
lilbronsonboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seats swap and sunroof ques

I'm fixing up a 1999 ZR2 and i went to go look at a 98 Jimmy. The jimmy has heated leather seats and the factory climate control and sunroof. What dou guys think about me swapping these things? I know the seats dont tilt forward like my 2dr ones but i rarely need to move them anyways. I was thinking all the leather seats need is the power and ground wire ran to them. as for the sunroof i was thinking taking the whole thing out and just measuring the hole and cut it exactly the same on mine and get Black magic and use a new gasket. i really just need the jimmy for the rear end, intake and exhaust. but i want to know what u guys think and they're only askin 500 for the jimmy so its not bad at all

Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Seats swap and sunroof ques

If you got the money to spend for it why not, both are nice luxories. If for any odd reason you take off or don't want your fender flares on your zr2 let me know (via pm) looking high and low for a set of 4.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

just so you know, the zr2 and the jimmy have a different sized rear-end

ZR2 = 8.5" diff
Jimmy = 7.625" diff

but i would definately go for it for $500. you would basically have an extra of every part. you wouldnt have to buy anything if something in your Z doesnt work right, just take it from the donor truck.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM
happyjourney is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: lilbronsonboy

I'm fixing up a 1999 ZR2 and i went to go look at a 98 Jimmy. The jimmy has heated leather seats and the factory climate control and sunroof. What dou guys think about me swapping these things? I know the seats dont tilt forward like my 2dr ones but i rarely need to move them anyways. I was thinking all the leather seats need is the power and ground wire ran to them. as for the sunroof i was thinking taking the whole thing out and just measuring the hole and cut it exactly the same on mine and get Black magic and use a new gasket. i really just need the jimmy for the rear end, intake and exhaust. but i want to know what u guys think and they're only askin 500 for the jimmy so its not bad at all
what's black magic?

Old 03-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: happyjourney

what's black magic?
its a type of asphalt /black top sealant. uhh i dunno if i would use that though. I would use vulkem116 or vulkem921. It comes in alot of different colors,its flexible, it doesn't fade, it doesn't get brittle or crack, and best of all, it wicks the water away. Its pretty much water tight.