Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Should I debadge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
StillBlazin is on a distinguished road

I just got this blazer not too long ago and the chrome paint is peeling off the trim. Do you think i should debadge or just leave it on?

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s185/...2886576962.jpg

oops. wrong link. Here it is

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-26-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem with my '95 S10 Blazer LT too and was thinking about debadge mine too but don't know yet.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

badges!?!?!
you dont need no stinkin badges!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Amen to what hog said!! You dont need them!! IMO, it makes a vehicle so smooth looking!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I might go ahead and do it this weekend. Is it hard to do or not?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by chevyracingfan23
I might go ahead and do it this weekend. Is it hard to do or not?
I have no clue. I'm just concerned that if I take them off the paint under the badge will be whiter than the rest of the car.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

Its not hard to do just peel it off and use goof off

Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member

Took me about three to four hours today to do it. I finally got it done though. The only thing I need to do now is fill the holes in the back

Also, Do ya'll think it looks tacky with the bumper with chrome siding still on it?

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-26-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member
chevymobbin is on a distinguished road

really! so the sides do come off?! SWEET how about the front bumper? What I did on my tail gate was sawed the "Chevrolet Blazer" part off with dental floss so I didn't scratch the paint. then I used goof off. So I assume then the sides are the same? the rear doesn't bother me that much because I am going to install a roll pan very soon. the front chrome and black parts are molded or rivets? Looks sick! As soon as I finish this reply I'm Pulling those sides off .

thanks for the inspiration but let me know about the front bumper

I would strip those chrome shrouds off the wheel well IMO. there is no chrome on the sides to accent it anymore so to me it looks a bit out of place, but who the hell am I?

Last edited by chevymobbin; 05-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by chevymobbin
really! so the sides do come off?! SWEET how about the front bumper? What I did on my tail gate was sawed the "Chevrolet Blazer" part off with dental floss so I didn't scratch the paint. then I used goof off. So I assume then the sides are the same? the rear doesn't bother me that much because I am going to install a roll pan very soon. the front chrome and black parts are molded or rivets? Looks sick! As soon as I finish this reply I'm Pulling those sides off .

thanks for the inspiration but let me know about the front bumper

I would strip those chrome shrouds off the wheel well IMO. there is no chrome on the sides to accent it anymore so to me it looks a bit out of place, but who the hell am I?
I read somewhere that the front bumber isn't the same as everything else. So I don't think I'll be taking it off any time soon. The side is all molded except for the part where you can see the holes in the picture. The hardest part about the whole thing was getting the glue off. I've got a huge blister on my thumb but it was worth it lol. btw i didn't use fishing line for mine. I just pulled it off carefully and it didn't take any paint off (it was a lot easier than fishing line.

My project for tomorrow is taking the racks off the roof and filling those holes and taking off the chrome shrouds.

Quick Reply: Should I debadge?