Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Should I debadge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Dont worry about the holes in the back bumper, and yes remove the chrome wheel well molding also

Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Beginning Member
StillBlazin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
Dont worry about the holes in the back bumper, and yes remove the chrome wheel well molding also
You mean the chrome molding on the front?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by StillBlazin
You mean the chrome molding on the front?

No I mean around the tires

Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by newguy
No I mean around the tires
I took the off and under one was a little bit of rust. Its not huge. If I leave it there will it get bigger or do I need to get rid of it?

Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Beginning Member
chevymobbin is on a distinguished road

when i read about the rust it made me think maybe you should sand it and spray something over the metal to prevent it from getting worse. Im not sure if thats the way to go but my first thought.

I just did my side moldings to and man you werent lying about that glue! mine had like 3M tape and chunks of tape and patches of glue were left. so, razor blade, goof off and rubbing compound took care of that. took forever though. I just wanted to thank you again though I been wanting to do that but thought i was gonna leave holes on the sides

Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by chevymobbin
when i read about the rust it made me think maybe you should sand it and spray something over the metal to prevent it from getting worse. Im not sure if thats the way to go but my first thought.

I just did my side moldings to and man you werent lying about that glue! mine had like 3M tape and chunks of tape and patches of glue were left. so, razor blade, goof off and rubbing compound took care of that. took forever though. I just wanted to thank you again though I been wanting to do that but thought i was gonna leave holes on the sides
Glad I could help. I didn't trust myself enough to use a razor on it lol. If you get the time I'd like to see pictures of it.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Beginning Member

ok here you go! ignore the driver side mirror missing so ******* knocked it off play fighting in front of my car at a party.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member

That looks really good. Is that a different bumper or did you paint the stock one. I was thinking about painting my bumper but I've never done anything like that before. Also, was your grill chrome before you painted it and was it hard to paint?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Beginning Member

Yes it was chrome, the bumper was chrome with dull black molding,back steps were dull also. This is what I did;

Degreaser then Alcohol treated everything I wanted to paint.
Tails turns fogs bumper yada yada.
Taped off everywhere i didnt want paint.
Went to autozone and got spray paint duplicolor auto paint (gloss black)
Clear coat also.
The tricky part was going light coats. It takes forever I was doing a new coat every 20 minutes or so. Let it dry respray,repeat.
Waited overnight then did the same for the clear coat.
I just orderes led's for the tails and turns to be brighter through the black. The police are very strick in my county in nor cal, haven't had any issues though. I think the ricers keep em busy lol. When I had my gsr integ I got pulled over almost once a week and it was stock! I drove it like it was stolen though.

Almost forgot if your going to do this you will notice with the clearcoat, the more coats the (shinier?)<--- spelling? That it will get. Use your caution. Rubbing compound or anything to cut back the clear probably will eat the black too. The duplicolor clear dries in 10 minutes. It takes 7 days to "cure" but I drove it the whole weak with out any damage, she is a street princess 4x4 though so not many rocks or pebbles to worry about. The most off roading I do is dirt burnouts

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-26-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.