Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Skid Plate, Cb Question

Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Skid Plate, Cb Question

Okay, so I have two questions to ask here.

1) Skid plate, I need to put the front diffy skid plate on. I have the right brackets, but not sure exactly where they attach. I think I have the spot that they bolt in to. If you look at the picture, do I unbolt the circled bolt and install this bolt and bracket combo where that bolt was?

Here is pic: Right side of oil pan

Second pic: Bolt on left side of oil pan

Is it at simple as taking out that bolt and putting in the bracket and bolt combo?

Okay 2nd question

2) I need to hook up my cb up also. I have decided to mount it in the bumper. My problem is how to run the cable from the antenna to the cb inside. What is the best way to run this cable? I've heard run it with the frame and I also heard run it through the taillight? Which one would you suggest? If you run it through the taillight, where do you go after you run it through the taillight? Under the carpet?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
LucasMI is on a distinguished road

I go through the rear door and under the edge of the carpet to the back seat, then ontop of the driveshaft hump under the huskey liner along the side of the center counsel, then to the CB.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by LucasMI
I go through the rear door and under the edge of the carpet to the back seat, then ontop of the driveshaft hump under the huskey liner along the side of the center counsel, then to the CB.
Would you mind posting up a pic if at all possible? You have the cable from your bumper to the rear door? Does your door still close okay? lol.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

err im trying to remember where the brackets go

if it was not snowing a lot id craw under to see ....

Let me check my Gm service manual

Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Door closes fine. will get pics up next weekend. Won't have a computer for a week. or you can add me on facebook and ill put them there tomorrow or tuesday.

https://www.facebook.com/Michigan.Country.Kid

Old 03-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Door closes fine. will get pics up next weekend. Won't have a computer for a week. or you can add me on facebook and ill put them there tomorrow or tuesday.

https://www.facebook.com/Michigan.Country.Kid

Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Hey tibbster i did not forget about you

check this out it might give you an idea ... look at page 4c-7

https://blazerforum.com/forum/attachm...ontaxel4x4-pdf

Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Yes that is where the bolts attach (in your picture) I think its easier if you jack the front end up to take weight off that bolt and then take it out, and also if you use the longer bolt that comes with the bracket then you will have a really hard time getting the bolt in because the oil pan is in the way.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Yes that is where the bolts attach (in your picture) I think its easier if you jack the front end up to take weight off that bolt and then take it out, and also if you use the longer bolt that comes with the bracket then you will have a really hard time getting the bolt in because the oil pan is in the way.
So I should goto the hardware store and get a shorter bolt? Do you know what size you got?

I think it took a breaker bar and bending the bolt off the blaze at the yard to get it past the oil pan. So a short bolt sounds good to me.

And I would rather just get under there and remove that bolt and then bolt the skid plate up without jacking it up. I don't have access to a jack right now besides the emergency jack in that compartment in the blaze.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Well actually the one that is on there now is a little shorter than the bolts that are on the blazers with skid plates, so its easier to get off. Or at least mine was, It cleared the oil pan with not to big of a struggle. But yes i do know exactly what you mean by its a pain to get those out.. It took a lot of swearing and pounding on it to get it off at the junk yard.

So i would just reuse the bolts that you take out, thats what i did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Skid Plate, Cb Question