Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

small dent fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default small dent fix

i let my mom drive my blazer to the grocery store, and i wasnt thinking that she likes to fight grocery carts. so she brings it back and i have a small dent right above the wheel well where the type of "fender flare" is. any ideas on how to remove it. ill take pics tomorrow
i have removed a dent in my dads bumper once using a metal plate and a car jack. but this area is a little smaller

Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You likely cannot get to the back side of the dent which will make it much more difficult to remove. You may want to go to one of those paintless dent repair guys and have them take a look at it.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:30 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i agree with swartlkk on the PDR, we had a few of those guys at the auto auction i used to work at and theyre amazing it shouldnt take them more than 10-15mins to pop the dent out.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM

i might have to search for something like that
where it is at it seems i could get it out with a hammer or something, but the metal is like 1/8 inches thick or so

heres some pics
sorry for the mean face, the sun was in my eyes lol

i might have to take this one to get popped anyway so i might do it to the others

and some i tried to get of the inside of the flare where the dent is

Old 04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the fender dent shouldnt be to bad to straighten out since you can get to the back of it, as for the tailgate dent youll have to take off the inside panel to see if the dent is accesable.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM

yea, the fender isnt a big dent at all, maybe the size of a penny, but the one on the back is like the size of a ping pong ball
the fender is a really awkward place to hit a hammer though
you think they could pop a dent in metal that thick?

Old 04-09-2009, 06:23 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I've used pop-a-dent to get dime sized dents out of my doors so I would assume a fender wouldn't be too much different.

I'd say buy the pop-a-dent, try it, and if you're not happy with it, return it!