Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Spotlights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Stakken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spotlights?

Hey guys,

First of all let me introduce myself, my name is Andrew and I'm from up north USA.

Anyway, I was wondering if and how I could install a spotlight on my 1987 Blazer.
Has anyone here ever done this before? I got the idea after I was at a local car dealers and I seen a 1981 Blazer, in which someone had installed a police spotlight on it. It's quite a nifty idea I think.

How would I go about putting something like this in though?

I'd like to have it mounted near the left mirror. Would I have to somehow drill a hole through my Blazer to do this I'm guessing? Or would my local small-town mechanic know how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Spotlights?

Installing it should be the easy part. The first thing I would do is check to make sure it's legal in my state.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

They should be legal. I'm sure you are probably only gonna be running them offroad or on empty streets.

You would have to install them by drilling... I don't see any other way.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it would help if we knew what state you were in, north US is kinda vague. Maybe you could just get out the phone book and call a few body/mechanical shops and ask them. Consult your drivers handbook to find out the legality on having a spotlight installed on your vehicle.