Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

stock skid plate replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Starting Member
Robt77 is on a distinguished road
Default stock skid plate replacement

Are these only available at the dealer, and in junk yards? Mine is missing, and I can't locate one online that is for stock height.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:42 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

junk yard is probably your best bet

look for ZR2 skids if possible, they're thicker. might even get lucky and find an OEM aluminum one. I stumbled on one of these last week

Attached Thumbnails stock skid plate replacement-pict7658custom.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Starting Member

I think that is what I'll do how much do those go for in Florida.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I don't think the Z skids are any thicker but I could be wrong. I've seen them listed anywhere from $20-150 around here. Send this Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - View Profile: dempsey member a pm I just sold him mine and then his truck was hit by a drink driver so he may be willing to sell them now not sure.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Starting Member

thx I'll keep that in mind, but I have to finish the front end work and the dizzy, and then wait for more money to come in before I'm ready.

I'll check locally also, the big problem is that the junk yards and even the thrift stores around here think they are antique stores, and sometimes charge way to much.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I don't think the Z skids are any thicker but I could be wrong. I've seen them listed anywhere from $20-150 around here. Send this Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - View Profile: dempsey member a pm I just sold him mine and then his truck was hit by a drink driver so he may be willing to sell them now not sure.
my stock 4x4 one was pretty thin, like the same thickness as the fan shroud... both the Z's I've seen at work have a lot thicker skids, one was black composite (almost carbon fiber like, but heavier) and the other was aluminum

Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah they came in a carbon fiber version as well. Mine are all thick on my non Z so perhaps it was a hit or miss. I was also lucky and got the front, engine, tcase, and gas tank skids on mine. I sold the front and engine ones tho since I have no use for them with the SFA

Old 05-09-2014, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Yeah they came in a carbon fiber version as well. Mine are all thick on my non Z so perhaps it was a hit or miss. I was also lucky and got the front, engine, tcase, and gas tank skids on mine. I sold the front and engine ones tho since I have no use for them with the SFA
yeah I nabbed the front one off a Z here at work (junk yard) and then learned about the lower engine and transfer case one lol got the transfer case one off, but gotta figure out how I'm going to persuade the lower engine one to come off... one of the bolts just spins and wont back out

Old 05-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Starting Member

Attached Thumbnails stock skid plate replacement-angle%2520-2-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

^hahahaha^ IF you have a cordless drill or impact you can pull the rest of the bolts and then pull down on the skid plate forcing the nut on the back side against the frame or whatever its suppose to be welded to and use the drill to loosen the bolt. That's how I had to do one of mine. Or a cordless grinder will work to

Quick Reply: stock skid plate replacement