Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Suggestions requested: Car PC

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions requested: Car PC

Hey everyone. I am looking to resume my car computer project. I will post more details soon, but I am investigating new possibilities on where to put equipment.

1. Is there a way to raise the passenger seat 2" to put equipment under it, but still allow someone to sit there?

2. Could I build a false floor in the passenger seat footwell and put stuff under there? Maybe fill in where the hump is and make the floor flat? My only concern would be soaked carpet if the heater core starts to leak.

My other PC was in the center console, but I want that space back in case I put a panel with switches or other stuff in there. I can't really take over the glovebox. Not enough room for equipment and running wires would be a nightmare. Over the headliner is not an option because of condensation and because I already have wiring and a box up there behind the sunroof.

Has anyone put together a car PC project in a Blazer/Jimmy? I have seen boxes that take up the entire rear deck, but I use the trunk all the time and I can't use that space. Any suggestions on what I can do up front?

Thanks