Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Sweet Paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Defiant is on a distinguished road
Default Sweet Paintjob

Got a good laugh out of this. This guy has the right idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0UL...eature=related

Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

He bedlined most of his truck yet still has a drop in bedliner??? With a rear chrome bumper?????

Not to offend any of the younger folks on here but that is something I wouldn't have done when I was a teenager. Maybe if he had bedlined the whole thing it would look better. Sorry, but that looks like...well...ya'll know what I'm getting at.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Glossy flares, chrome bumper, drop in bedliner, and he did not follow the body lines at all on the front clip... some people need to know just how stupid their ideas are before doing crap like this.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Should've done the whole truck and ditched the rear bumper. I was toying with the idea of using the herculiner on my blazer to coat the rocker line, but that's still somewhere down the line.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Conceptionally, this isn't a totally stupid idea, for a primarily off road vehicle. But the execution sucks big time. Ditch the drop in bedliner, ditch the rear bumper, ditch the shinny flares, do the entire vehicle properly and it would work. But it looks like he did a poor job. There are sections that look like he linered over rust. I have seen vehicles done in spray in bedliner that looked decent. This one doesn't

Old 02-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Should've done the whole truck and ditched the rear bumper. I was toying with the idea of using the herculiner on my blazer to coat the rocker line, but that's still somewhere down the line.
"Rocker line" - is that what the bottom part of the body, where it curves in and frequently gets painted a different color, is called? Because I kind of thought about doing that as well. Then I realized I generally drive this back and forth to work on well maintained roads and it would be kind of a poser thing to do (for me, that is. Not for someone who actually gets on dirt more than once a year)

Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wyzardd
"Rocker line" - is that what the bottom part of the body, where it curves in and frequently gets painted a different color, is called? Because I kind of thought about doing that as well. Then I realized I generally drive this back and forth to work on well maintained roads and it would be kind of a poser thing to do (for me, that is. Not for someone who actually gets on dirt more than once a year)
Yes, that is the rocker. Check out my album as I have done it, along with my bumpers and flares.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

if its only a wheeler then thats not a bad idea.

This guy also did a great video on how to replace the spider assembly.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Defiant is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
Glossy flares, chrome bumper, drop in bedliner, and he did not follow the body lines at all on the front clip... some people need to know just how stupid their ideas are before doing crap like this.
now why would you want to be like everybody else and herculiner your bed and fender flares and have a bumper that fits. Thats what everybody else does lol