Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Tagged a deer

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 01:16 AM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tagged a deer

OK-In 40 years of driving this has never happened to me;I have always steered FOR the deer as their trajectory will take them out of strike zone.Didn't happen last night as a raging t-storm freaked a herd and a lightning strike caused an immediate change of direction of a small buck. Hit him hard on his right rear flank on the right front of my Jimmy. I did not even stop as it was evident no major body damage occured.
The grille was totalled as was the RF headlamp capsule(but the bulbs still worked!)
I have all the parts in stock to repair this(which is fantastic!) but I do have an issue... the RF fender was pushed back about 5mm so I can not open the RF door. I searched this site and found no adjustment info. Will be tearing it apart Sat (9/14)to repair and really do not wish to remove the fender to make up a 5mm issue.Any advice,insight welcome!Thanks for reading this. step66

Old 09-14-2013, 02:32 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'm pretty sure there is a good amount of space in the bolt holes for you to loosen the bolts and move the fender forward. At least that's how it looks to be configured.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:11 AM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

What I have found is there is not that much adjustment(I wanted 5mm,might get 2mm) it seems the only slotted bolt hole is the lower one behind the front wheel. Anyway its fixed and looks fine,but now if I could just find a new headlamp retainer screw! I thought for sure Dorman or the Help product lines would have this item,but no luck locating one locally or on line...The joke of a dealer I stopped at refused to order the part,even though it was clearly shown in the diagram-told me I had to buy the whole assembly at $247! Duh,***hole I already have the lamp installed,just need to aim it properly...Just where do they FIND these idiots that work at dealers nowadays? As I work at a Nissan dealership I see this EVERYDAY!!! Sigh... If anyone knows where to get a new one of these please let me know. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by step66
What I have found is there is not that much adjustment(I wanted 5mm,might get 2mm) it seems the only slotted bolt hole is the lower one behind the front wheel. Anyway its fixed and looks fine,but now if I could just find a new headlamp retainer screw! I thought for sure Dorman or the Help product lines would have this item,but no luck locating one locally or on line...The joke of a dealer I stopped at refused to order the part,even though it was clearly shown in the diagram-told me I had to buy the whole assembly at $247! Duh,***hole I already have the lamp installed,just need to aim it properly...Just where do they FIND these idiots that work at dealers nowadays? As I work at a Nissan dealership I see this EVERYDAY!!! Sigh... If anyone knows where to get a new one of these please let me know. Thanks!
Have a look on here.

1999 CHEVROLET BLAZER Parts - GM Parts Nation - Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, Saturn, Hummer & More!