General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got Deer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got Deer?

Ok this I didn't even believe myself until I pulled over and looked at my truck about 1 hour ago I was coming home from grandpas and I was on the highway doing about 70 and out of the corner of my eye I see eyes out in the field been hit by the edge of my head light so I slowed down to like 55 changed lanes being that there is a pretty high farmers type wire fence along the highway I thought no big deal. Next thing I know I hear this loud as hell sound ( I never been in a wreck on the road, it sounded as if I had be broad sided). My friend was in the passenger seat and at the same time we got hit she screamed as my passenger side window shattered. I quickly pulled over checked to make sure she was ok, she was fine, so I got out looked at my truck could see much so I got home and put the truck in the garage so I could look more closely at my truck (man I about sh*t, I got so lucky) even though my window is gone my door has a dent about the size of a quarter in what looks like two different spots. They are barely noticable unless you are looking at it from an angle with a light shining on it. So the main damage is the window which a friend is going to fix first thing in the morning before he goes to work (I thought I had bad luck, but I guess the new job and dumpin' the horrible girlfriend has brought me luck because he has a spare window at his house and it won't cost me a damn thing.) As far as the dent I paintin' it anyway so the dent doesn't matter. No heres the kicker when I got out to look at the truck the damn deer was gone.
Correction my dad just hollered and said I have two medium size dents on the back door and back panelwhere it looks like the deer bounced down the side of my truck. Oh well its gettin' painted anyway.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Got Deer?

We have plenty of deer up here in WI and the UP of MI. Luckily I have not run across one on my truck yet. But if I do, luckily I have comprehensive insureance.

Glad everyone is alright and that it didnt screw it up the blazer too bad.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Yeah the deer are absolutely horrible around here not to many people I know that haven't hit a deer this year. I have been driving for 10 years now (got my license at 15) lived in the country all those years and never hit or had a close call with a deer. Move to the big city and hit a damn deer (correction the b***h hit me), pretty sure it was a doe. Man I be glad to get back in the country soon.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

We hit a deer with my buddy's silverado on a dirt road on our way to go hunting one morning. Thing jumped off of the hillside and ran straight into his front bumper. He locked his brakes and the deer fell over. I thought it was dead or at least severely injured so I jumped out of the truck, unholstered my .45 with intent to end the animals pain. It jumped up and sprinted into the woods almost knocking me over...lol It lived and to beat all we didn't see a deer in the woods that day hunting...lol

Old 10-02-2007, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

That sucks dude. I hit a deer last year on the way home from my Granny's house. Scratched the crap out of the chrome part of the bumper and dislodged the grill a little. I was going about 45, but I broke it down to about 25 before she hit.

And speaking of deer:

I can't wait until season starts. I've been tracking a big buck. I'll try to find the pictures of him.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Nice looking Buck!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Yeah got my deer stand up but because of my job doubt I'll use it this year though.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

ah...it happens...I had a 6 point albino buck take out my A post on my cavilier..and the driver's side window..and dented in the two doors about 2 inches....and then it disapeared....I hate deer...I have found though...if you don't do anything to attract the deer..i.e. slowing down..flicking brights..honking...just keep driving..they don't bother ya...

Old 10-03-2007, 04:19 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

You got lucky! I've been there as well, I was in the Z onenight driving down the hwy and a small deer came running out of the woods, turned and ran beside the car for a short time (during this I was trying to slow down), he then veered right into the side of the car and fell down as he hit. I got home and had a small line from the nub on his head from the mirror going down to the bottom of the back fender. A buffer made quick work of it, but it scared me pretty good.