Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

turn signal fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: turn signal fog lights?

The best place for them is just under the curve of the bumper, fog light wise, for driving lights, the placement isn't really as specific... You'll just have to make sure to remember they're there, when you're parking, lol

Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

The amber lenses only have one bulb for each assembly and there is no fog light switch in the interior to turn them on anyway. You would have to run a switch to the inside and then to the fusebox and thats a lot of work for just foglights.

I just wired in a pair of Ion burners into the wire leading to the dim headlights and mounted them on theplastic valance. they're on all the time but theyre too small to be annoying to oncoming drivers. They look great too. just $15-30 for two great looking foglights.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 AM
laserblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the input euro
the more i thought about it the more i realized that if i bought the replacement cornering fog light assemblies then i'd have to get socket bulb holders and approppriate wirng which would be quite an expense. for that kind of expense i'd just as soon get altelza tailights and then install aftermarket fascia mounted fog lights. i installed window vent visors and wanted to get redwinshield washer led's but tennessee don't allow red lights on front of vehicles. the factory headlight system on this blazer is really bright enough not to have to have fog lights but would dress it up a little.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
KOYOTE is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the factory fog lights on my 2001 trailblazer. I just put brighter bulbs in them.I have the type in the first pic above.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:40 AM

hi koyote
that's good info to know. i am not sure if i go though the hassle of replacing my original bumper light assemblies with the ones with built in fog lights if i'd have to invest in sockets and extensive wiring. i think i am just going to put some aftermarket bumper mounted lights on. the ones in you picture look good. thanks for responding.
laser

Old 03-18-2007, 07:54 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the stock foglight lamp assemblies without the fog lampif anyone is interested let me know and also a custom Black painted front grill emblem, not an overlay.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:37 AM

hi JTS
i recently installed some high powered ion burners and am no longer interested in the stock fog lamps. i figure the stock lamps would involve too much wiring. but thanks for the offer. your blazer sounds all tricked out. cool.
laser