Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Updated cluster

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Updated cluster

Oh..hrm..Looked like 10v. Buttt I'm retarded. I apologize.

Haha so yea, disregard all that.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

alright i have PM'd a few of you asking about this but now i have some more questions

i have some green LED's on the way. and im going to change my dash to all green. however, i want the needles to be white. im going to strip the orange off and get some sort of translucent whitish paint for the back of the needles (or maybe the front). also, i didnt think the PRND321 would be as out-of-place as it is. does anybody know any way i can change the color of that little display? i dont think its really possible on a small LCD display.

this is a rough photoshop of what i want it to look like. (minus the red/orange ses, aribag, seatbelt lights and the prnd321 and mileage display)

this is Rick's picture from the first page

Old 02-16-2008, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Wait to see how much of a color difference the green will be against the PRNDL/mileage display. I'd imagine you could put a yellow film, possibly thin piece of lexan over top of the displays to match them closer to green. What about a colored transparency sheet? I don't know, I can't imagine getting into the little display and being able to change the color so it would almost have to be on the outside. I guess the trick would be to make it clean and not rigged-looking.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:15 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

oh a simple filter...that would be pretty easy to do

Old 02-16-2008, 12:15 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Nope no way to change the PRND123 display or odometer, as those are speciality screens. You could probably have one made up but it would cost hundreds-thousands probably. I have never seen a green display similar to ours before. Good luck with the swap, I am not sure how those needles are going to work out for you, since I believe they are feed off of the same lights as the cluster guages themseleves. (hence why navyblue_sk8er's clear ones have the blue ting to them, my stock orange ones are couple shades bluer than they were stock).

Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

yeah im gonna see how it works with the green needles and then maybe paint the backside white to see what happens. i'll have to think of a way to filter the light out. electrical tape might work best

this is what i really want it to look like

Old 02-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

You might be able to illuminate the needles by using surface mount led's in the base of the pointer. Check hidplanets forum for more on that.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

This looks like an awesome idea. I would do mine with red needles and a white base to match my gauges. I would also recommend finding a flourescent paint for the needles as it would reflect the light better than a regualr paint. It looks as if the orange on our stock needles is a flourescent orange. That might help light them up more.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Ya'll just now figuring this stuff out? You can change all the colors of everything in our trucks with LEDs. Some of the stuff already has them in them and you just have to take it apart and de-solder the old one and solder a new one in with the right resistor. If I can find the write up on one of the other forums on how to do this I'll see if I can't post it. I know guys have changed the colors of their gear lights, switches, HVAC and the other things.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:24 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

does anyone know where they offer gauge cluster changes like this for a 94??? i've looked and cant find any for a 94. i think 94 is the only yr they did it the way they have it. its not the same as the other 1st gens and i want to change it so it looks better does anyone know how i could customize it myself? maybe leds?
What kinda gauge cluster you have? I know of a place that can change the colors of the digi dashes, a place that offers white faced gauges. There was even a guy on ebay selling glow gauges for your model. Just point me where you wanna go and I'll try to help.

This is my 87, I can't ever get any clear pics of the blue LEDs at night and they come out blurry.