Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Weather molding for window glass 1993 4 door Front Door

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default Weather molding for window glass 1993 4 door Front Door

I have been looking around for OEM weather molding for the window. Front Driver side door. NOT the door seal. I need for driver and passenger side. Mostly driver side. It rotted out and I have to hold the window up and down to guide it properly. I have found the clips that go on the glass. But the GMC dealership says they don't make the molding anymore. Seems like most places are out of stock or way over priced. I would like to stay within like $35.00 and that would be shipped. I found a few places with kits. You know both doors and sweep set for around 115.00 or so. Don't know if the quality is any good or not.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Starting Member
Default still no luck

I tried lmctruck and jcwitney and no luck. Jcwitney is on back order and lmctruck does not have it. I called them at lmc and explained to them it was strange they had the 94 and up 2nd blazer pic for the front door and not the 1st gen. They do have a pic of the back doors. So I called them up and they didn't have anything for the doors on the front. well at least the weather stripping I'm looking for. Once again this is the window channel stuff.

When I replaced my driver side motor. I guess the window wasn't working for who knows how long. So it feel apart and busted the clips. Even though right after I got the window working I lubed it.

So Please help. I can get the plastic clips. But I'm tired of guiding the window up and down. No I prefer not to goto the junk yark

Thanks for any help.

Josh

Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Starting Member
Default another update

so I cancelled jc withney order because i found a place on ebay that is selling overstock pairs. So I'm getting 1 pair cheaper than a single from jc withney. Only thing I didn't care for is the no return but I checked there description 100 times over. said 82-94 s10 balzer 1 pair of weather strips. They even went out of the way to describe this is the window channel strips that the window fits into. Nice job.

Josh