Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Where to get rear window switch bezel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member
mpmWS6 is on a distinguished road
Default Where to get rear window switch bezel?

I have a 1988 K-5 and the bezel for the rear window switch is broken so the switch just dangles out of the dash.
I have looked at lmc.com and classicpartsonline.com and can not find the bezel for the rear window switch on the dash.
Any ideas who has these bezels?
Thanks,
Michael

Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen them in any of my catalogs either. It is the same as the rear defrost bezel used in the suburban if that is any consolation to you..

Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Beginning Member

That helps a bit. Does anyone know if the bezel comes seperatly or does it come with the switch?

Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have a broken piece that shows PN 14040894, but an internet search for that turns up no real results. Lists as 85-86 single switch bezel and shows up as NOT AVAILABLE. Probably was superseded to a new part number at some point except for a russian site that lists 15 available for $7.00 USD each (214.19 RUB)...

Old 08-24-2010, 12:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I haven't seen them in any of my catalogs either. It is the same as the rear defrost bezel used in the suburban if that is any consolation to you..
which is also the same as the rear window switch in the K5's.

where are you located?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Beginning Member

Does anyone know a part number for a rear defroster bezel?

old skool luvr - I am in Texas

Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure if you saw the PN I posted above. I'll try to remove the bezel from my parts '90 'burb the next time I'm down to the barn where I store it to get the PN from that.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Texas eh?

i do have a spare one, but Kyle is definitely gonna have an easier time sending you one (if he does have a spare) since he's South of the 49th.

if, not, i'm sure we could work out something.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Administrator

I'm keepin' the good one for my 'burb. The broken one...? I'll probably hang onto that one as well. I can keep an eye out at the parts yards, but can't make any promises. They are getting hard to come by.