Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

window tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:15 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: window tint

My Blazer came with the Chevy 'privacy tint' and I don't think I'd want it any darker. At night it can be a little tricky, especially looking to back up. And Matt, no offense, but call me 'Richard'. I hate beingaddressed just by my last name. Guess it's a holdover from gym class in school.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

My Blazer came with the Chevy 'privacy tint' and I don't think I'd want it any darker. At night it can be a little tricky, especially looking to back up. And Matt, no offense, but call me 'Richard'. I hate beingaddressed just by my last name. Guess it's a holdover from gym class in school.
Thats why i have "Superbright" reverse bulbs, they are awesome, i can see through my tint.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member
jamesbalzer is an unknown quantity at this point

You poor, poor people and states that require inspections and stuff....I have 15% all the way around and a windshield visor about 2" below the line, and although it IS technically illegal in Wyoming, we don't have any safety, emissions, or any other kind of testing! Besides all that, I have a buddy who is a cop and says there are only two law enforcement tint meters in the state! Hooray for states with not enough people to care!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:44 PM

my state law says that we cant have any tint on the front windows. my grand prix has 5% all around. and 4" strip on windsheild. never been pulled over for just tint. i plan on doing 5% on my blazer.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

i didint know about the insurance company i just got the blazer one week ago. and then i was told that they haveint even looked at it. the blazer was a early christmas pressent.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

Haha ok Richard, i have two close friends both named Matt, so when were together, nobody calls us by our first name, im used to my last name more than my first. lol

ORIGINAL: Jharper

Thats why i have "Superbright" reverse bulbs, they are awesome, i can see through my tint.
what kind of bulb and where did you get them? i was thinking of LED lightbulbs but i dont know bright those are

Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM

they are superwhite bulbs for anything, the code is 3157 on the bulb, just get any superwhite 3157 bulb, they work. i got mine at autozone for 6 bucks.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy, in your earlier post you said 'Superbright'. If that's correct, which of these bulbs did you use?
http://superbrightleds.com/specs/3156_57_specs.htm
or
http://superbrightleds.com/specs/315x-xLX3.htm

Hey, how 'bout that! Finally got 'Super Member' status without having to postwh0re.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i would get the 3w luxeon one instead of the 25 LED one. i have a flashlight that has something like 40 LEDs in it and i also have a beastly 5-Dcell Mag-Lite with a 5watt Luxeon LED in it and it isway brighter than the 40led one...

also from that chart, the 25LED one has a 30 degree beam pattern and the Luxeon one has a 130 degree pattern. i take that to mean, the 25LED one is more like a spotlight and the luxeon is more like a floodlight

Old 12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

here in tennessee on cars you can have it darker that 35% on any window. trucks and suv's can be as dark as you want on the back and side windows but the front two cant be any darker that 35%. and the front can have tint down to that line. mine is 10 or 15% i cant remember which and i haven't had but one run in w/ "johnny law" but he let me off.
i thought in FL you could have it as dark as you wanted?

Quick Reply: window tint