Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

WOOHOO! PROJECTORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:31 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WOOHOO! PROJECTORS!!!!

FINALLY got my projectors in! I installed them last night in the light ofa lonely in the hood streetlamp! Got the halo rings hooked up it looks sweet! Glad I went with the chrome because it really brings attention to the front end now. New pics and ROTM piccoming on Sunday when I get my High Res. Camera back.
The [sm=bling.gif]truck is now navigated by bubble lights (and a nav. system)!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: WOOHOO! PROJECTORS!!!!

Sweet, can't wait to see how they look.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah, I cant wait to go cruisin' tomorrow night and show them off!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you get them? My roommate is looking for a set for his 03 but have heard bad reviews on the ones that you find on eBay.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You got the ones from zomkspeed, or something, right?

Let me know how the highbeams work out... I plan on picking up a set for a real HID conversion... but only if the highs perform good, lol

Old 02-08-2007, 09:55 PM

I got them from zomkspeed and the highs are quite impressive. Very bright. The projector is as bright if not brighter than my stock set was. The halo ring hooked up very easily. All in all the install, look, and functionality is all up to par. My only complaint is that this company I bought from has horrible customer service and the price of shipping is far to high for the time it took to get here.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rabbit-
I bought a set from zomkspeed about 2weeks ago. I paid instantly through paypaland a few days later I got a tracking number for the package and all. So I waited a couple of days then tried to track my package and nothing came up as far as tracking. I emailed them to ask if the tracking number was real or whatever, and they said the lights were back ordered and it would take a few weeks. Well I flipped out and demanded my money back, they refunded, and later I left them negative feedback and they got pissed off about it. I replied saying "what does another bad feedback matter when you have 25 in the past month, and 200 in the past year." They haven't responded to that yet, lol. In response to the high shipping price ($45 I think), they all charge such high prices because they are all major companies and they can save money by increasing the shipping price and lowering the buyitnow price of the item. For example, if they had the lights for $140 with $5 shipping, they have to pay eBay a percentage of the $140. But if they lower it to $100 with a $45 shipping, then they only pay on the $100. Sneaky, ehh? Same with altezza taillights for blazers off of eBay. Shipping is about $25 no matter which taillight auction it is....

Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: speeddemon560

Rabbit-
I bought a set from zomkspeed about 2weeks ago. I paid instantly through paypaland a few days later I got a tracking number for the package and all. So I waited a couple of days then tried to track my package and nothing came up as far as tracking. I emailed them to ask if the tracking number was real or whatever, and they said the lights were back ordered and it would take a few weeks. Well I flipped out and demanded my money back, they refunded, and later I left them negative feedback and they got pissed off about it. I replied saying "what does another bad feedback matter when you have 25 in the past month, and 200 in the past year." They haven't responded to that yet, lol.
They gave you a refund and you still left them bad feedback?

At worst, that warrants a neutral...

I got my taillights from them, shipping was a decent price, and shipping time was pretty quick.

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030

I got them from zomkspeed and the highs are quite impressive. Very bright. The projector is as bright if not brighter than my stock set was. The halo ring hooked up very easily. All in all the install, look, and functionality is all up to par. My only complaint is that this company I bought from has horrible customer service and the price of shipping is far to high for the time it took to get here.
The auction generally reads that you use all your factory bulbs for everything... is that true? the projectors use standard lowbeam bulbs?

Old 02-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I hear ya speeddemon, terrible buying experience, I will not buy from them again.

drperry it is not true. The stock highbeam is used and the park/turn signal, but the low beam is not used. What ever it is is already installed and all you do is unplug the low beam bulb and plug in the new plug for the projector. I grounded the halo on the radiator support and spliced the power wire into the park/turn signal so it blinks when I turn which is neat, and when I set my alarm.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran

I thought that was the case. But the lowbeam bulb will plug directly into the low beam plug on the truck, right? It'll be nice to have light while I get the HID setup together, lol...

Yeah, that's where I was going to splice mine into when I got them too, lol.

Night time pics!

Quick Reply: WOOHOO! PROJECTORS!!!!