Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   WTF is up with my hood paint? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/wtf-up-my-hood-paint-36871/)

cbr995 11-10-2009 08:08 PM

WTF is up with my hood paint?

My hood has lots of tiny cracks in the paint, and in the shade, it looks like I have lint on my hood. Does anybody else have issues with their paint? I mean, it's only 7 years old.

I'll try to take a pic to show what I mean, but I don't know if I'll have too much success with that though.

Sisk 11-10-2009 10:31 PM

I had that problem on my previous car...I'm pretty sure it was just from the heat and sun. It caused the paint to have a bunch of little cracks like you describe. Only way I could see fixing it was a re-paint.

The_Beast 11-10-2009 10:52 PM

I'm starting to notice that my paint is chipping really easily

But that's what touch-up paint is for

packofqtips 11-10-2009 10:59 PM

clearcoat peeling?

The_Beast 11-11-2009 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by packofqtips (Post 263095)
clearcoat peeling?

no, I don't think so

xCHIPx 11-11-2009 08:53 PM

I have the same problem on mine. I have them all over my hood.

BlazerGuy2001 11-20-2009 11:54 PM

Micro cracks...not all that uncommon i got them on mine also and mines only 8 years old, as far as i know theres nothing you can really do about them besides a new paint job. Just try to prevent them from spreading by keeping it out of direct sunlight as much as possible.

The_Beast 11-21-2009 12:38 AM

When I washed my blazer this weekend I noticed a lot of new spots, I was not happy because they were all over, and a few where quite large.

But it's the roof and how many times do you look up there anyways

old skool luvr 11-21-2009 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 265964)
When I washed my blazer this weekend I noticed a lot of new spots, I was not happy because they were all over, and a few where quite large.

But it's the roof and how many times do you look up there anyways

only whn you notice it starting to rust, which will soon turn into rot.

the 1st gen's were bad for that-right around the windshield-and i notice that my '98 is starting with th same s**t too, right above the driver's head area.
i was gonna pull the windshield this Summer and fix it-the windshield is really sand blasted-but due to being laid-off, iwasn't about to pull a non-cracked windshield just to fix some rust around it. it'll wait 'til Spring.

The_Beast 11-21-2009 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 265972)
only whn you notice it starting to rust, which will soon turn into rot.

the 1st gen's were bad for that-right around the windshield-and i notice that my '98 is starting with th same s**t too, right above the driver's head area.
i was gonna pull the windshield this Summer and fix it-the windshield is really sand blasted-but due to being laid-off, iwasn't about to pull a non-cracked windshield just to fix some rust around it. it'll wait 'til Spring.

Yeah, it was only in the clear coat and most were toward the back. I'd like to fix it but not this year it's too cold out