Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   WTF is up with my hood paint? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/wtf-up-my-hood-paint-36871/)

old skool luvr 11-22-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 266270)
Yeah, it was only in the clear coat and most were toward the back. I'd like to fix it but not this year it's too cold out

yeah, you notice how we all seem to leave too many things "to do", when the weather goes South on us.

Biohazed 11-22-2009 09:50 AM

I think alot of the problem is the quality of paint and the color that was used as well as care of the paint is a factor, I understand that you may properly take care of your vehicle by waxing it and everything else but id it was a used car what did the previous owner do or didn't do, I have deep swirls and a dulled finish on my '95 because someone waxed the truck and majorly over buffed it and scorched the paint prior to me owing it. But I don't know the paint quality GM uses or the quality of the Batch that amy of been used on your truck, etc etc.

The_Beast 11-23-2009 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 266347)
yeah, you notice how we all seem to leave too many things "to do", when the weather goes South on us.

If we had a heated garage then it would be a problem but it isn't so i can't

old skool luvr 11-23-2009 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 267029)
If we had a heated garage then it would be a problem but it isn't so i can't

i don't need a heated garage (i have 2 salamander's for that), i just need a bigger shop. something along the lines of 1500+ sq. ft. i have another 10 years to wait-or the lottery-before that'll happen.

The_Beast 11-23-2009 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 267131)
i don't need a heated garage (i have 2 salamander's for that), i just need a bigger shop. something along the lines of 1500+ sq. ft. i have another 10 years to wait-or the lottery-before that'll happen.

when men, real men, shop for a house the first thing they look for is a garage.

No need for a kitchen, you can cook on the engine block. No need for a bathroom, that's what the yard is for. No need for a bedroom, that's what the cars seats are for.

cbr995 11-23-2009 11:19 PM

just buy a big ass garage, and live there! At least, that's my idea.

old skool luvr 11-23-2009 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 267144)
when men, real men, shop for a house the first thing they look for is a garage.

No need for a kitchen, you can cook on the engine block. No need for a bathroom, that's what the yard is for. No need for a bedroom, that's what the cars seats are for.

i did! that's why we looked @ over 75 houses. if the 'Burb wasn't gonna fit, we weren't gonna take it. and i managed to fit both my 'Burb & my Dart in my 2 car garage.
plus a little crap around the vehicles-like 3 ton jack, (4) 6 ton stands, (4) 3 ton stands, (2) spares for the car trailer, (1) extra spare for the 'Burb, 10" compound saw, 14" chop saw, 2' high wood sides for the car trailer, chains & bear traps for trailer, way too many S10 side glass (doors, etc.), complete glass for my 'Burb-HOLY S**T! i have alot of "crap" in my garage-and i haven't even listed it all! i have 3 storage cupboards on the wall, and a 8x20 shelf @ the front of it as well (pretty much full).

as for your description of interior decorating, you don't need any seats for a bed, i fell asleep on my creeper, under my truck one night (i used to live in a 1900 sq. ft. shop before the wife finished University), and was woken up the next morning by my brother kicking my feet-and my dog was sleeping beside my legs. so, only "wanna be's" need car seats to sleep in, hahahahahaha!

The_Beast 11-24-2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 267151)
i did! that's why we looked @ over 75 houses. if the 'Burb wasn't gonna fit, we weren't gonna take it. and i managed to fit both my 'Burb & my Dart in my 2 car garage.
plus a little crap around the vehicles-like 3 ton jack, (4) 6 ton stands, (4) 3 ton stands, (2) spares for the car trailer, (1) extra spare for the 'Burb, 10" compound saw, 14" chop saw, 2' high wood sides for the car trailer, chains & bear traps for trailer, way too many S10 side glass (doors, etc.), complete glass for my 'Burb-HOLY S**T! i have alot of "crap" in my garage-and i haven't even listed it all! i have 3 storage cupboards on the wall, and a 8x20 shelf @ the front of it as well (pretty much full).

as for your description of interior decorating, you don't need any seats for a bed, i fell asleep on my creeper, under my truck one night (i used to live in a 1900 sq. ft. shop before the wife finished University), and was woken up the next morning by my brother kicking my feet-and my dog was sleeping beside my legs. so, only "wanna be's" need car seats to sleep in, hahahahahaha!

:icon_omg:

There's nothing you can't do in a garage

streblo 08-13-2011 12:00 AM

was just on the hood on mine before, has now spread over to the panels and on the roof a slight bit. It is not in the paint its actually in the primer, so just doing a re-paint wont fix it, you have to sand it right down to take care of the lines

RangerG 08-13-2011 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by streblo (Post 452682)
was just on the hood on mine before, has now spread over to the panels and on the roof a slight bit. It is not in the paint its actually in the primer, so just doing a re-paint wont fix it, you have to sand it right down to take care of the lines

Lol @ 2 year old thread

On topic however, my old hood and roof has this problem too! Looks like tiny little white spider webs on my black paint. Not too concerned about the roof however.