Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Zr2 fender flares repainted - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
TurboAddiction is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Zr2 fender flares repainted - Anyone?

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has repainted their Zr2 fender flares. The paint is peeling on mine so I will be repainting soon. I'm just curious if anyone has painted the flares the same color as the body. I have a black blazer and the lower piece is that dark gray. Looks fine but I was just curious if anyone has painted the zr2 package black (other body color) as opposed to the original gray color.

Devin

Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Zr2 fender flares repainted - Anyone?

The GMC version of the ZR2s came with body colored flares. Also kiwiblazer has body colored flares, but theyre Japan/Euro style flares, not ZR2...still looks awesome though

I say go for it!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to do the proper prep work and use the right paint. If you mix your own, you will need to use some flex additive to make sure that the paint does not crack as the flares flex.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 PM

Right, I've painted multiple vehicles as I was in Auto Collision school. I was just curious if anyone had done it. I totally forgot about the GMCs being painted the same color as the body. I think for now I will just repaint it the same color it is now.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

yukonmedic has a black zr2/highrider and the body-color flares look great

heres a pic
https://blazerforum.com/upfiles/9495...k176717776.jpg

Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 PM

Thank you for that. I'm just going to respray them in the original dark gray for now. Does anyone know by chance the paint code for the flares? Thank you!