Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

130 mile commute

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

On topic: CAI is always a good bet, as is a better exhaust. However, someone told me that exhaust size upgrade doesn't net a huge gain in the MPG category. Be careful though- when I first did intake and exhaust on my Firebird, I missed the MPG gain though because my foot liked the HP gain more haha. Try the stuff Spectreblazer mentioned in his first post. I for one like to find out more about the vac/turbo gauge trick.[/quote]

here it is https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/how-vac-gauge-39208/

Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Buy a civic.
sarcastic or not, that's almost as bad as saying that F**d word on here (sensored for the sensitive folks on here )

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
wow sisk really. your a canadian too. dang. i burn civics instead of wood during the winter to keep warm. i sure aint buying forign you know what to run on road. i'd rather burn more saudi gas in a blazer but i sure as you know what aint supporting foreign auto companies. blazers might not be good on gas but at least your supporting your countries automakers*
like Alex has already said, the Civic's are Canadian. besides (practically) being built in my backyard, my Dad also delivered a good portion of the bricksand that helped build the Honda plant in Alliston, and all of it's expansions over the years.

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
i'll do a how to on the vac gauge. its old school tech though, alot of the old k5s had vac gauges.
hmmm........the only GM vehicles i've ever seen those on were the old top model Buick/Pontiac wagons.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
*consider a cheap, throw away, eco car (late 80's-earl 90's spectra/imark/metro/fiesta) that way when you have to put a bullet in it's brain after 6 months of ******* it out, you dont feel raped by the $300 price tag
that's almost as good as the $200 i paid for the VW powered '82 Dodge Omni i owned for 9 months & 3 days!

the vac gauge trick is gonna be the best bet for increased mileage. but still, we are talkin' about a 4.3 powered Blazer.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

All the Civic haters here, lol. I wouldn't mind having a Civic, but only if it was the Si.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

or get a ford smart car. (yea i know the fcc gonna be censorsing this)

Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
All the Civic haters here, lol. I wouldn't mind having a Civic, but only if it was the Si.
no, you want the SiR. i just hate that damn shifter in them.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

It's true... i think old skool luvr knows what you want just a bit more than you do cbr995...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Why not just do an engine swap.... put a lil 4 banger in the blazer...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ABN31B

Originally Posted by cbr995
Originally Posted by old skool luvr
no, you want the SiR. i just hate that damn shifter in them.
It's true... i think old skool luvr knows what you want just a bit more than you do cbr995...
no, but if you're gonna sacrifice a frame beneath you & 4WD, why not make it worthwhile?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

Why not just do an engine swap.... put a lil 4 banger in the blazer.
Not a bad idea, you have seen the Mercedes Diesel swap thread havent you?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

you COULD try a 2.8L turbo isuzu diesel swap out of a trooper... would be an S of a B, but would be friggen AWESOME!

Quick Reply: 130 mile commute