Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

98 4.3w off road engine being built !! Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 02:47 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

these are the ones I got. Did feel there was some difference after install. Then after finishing all my mods to the engine and the number 1 biggest change was when I han the computer flashed. best thing you can do for improvment. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 02-06-2017, 10:46 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

deleted - photo wouldn't post

Last edited by LesMyer; 02-06-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Starting Member
hurleyii is on a distinguished road

Ok guys I'm in the process of bolting my rockers on soon as I post this.
My off road engine build is going nicely as I was given a Carb today for the 4.3 marine and he said its a 500cfm nice 2 barrel. I had one on my Full size and the truck would run with the old fox body Mustangs.
So I've been searching for info on a carb conversion for our trucks and I havent located a thinng where anybody mentions gutting the whole ECU. I've found plenty of info to keep my 4l60E but I want it gone!!! I want the ECU GONE!!!!!!!!! So can I do this and keep my push button 4x4? maybe keep air bags is all I care to keep. AIR BAGS is a optional and I should probably get rid of them for off road I suppose.

So what do I have to do to delete my ECU and its harness? I'm actually considering ordering a wiring harness for an old HEI truck and be done with it.
My trans plans are 4l60 or 700r4

Again thanks for the help and I have looked for this but all the threads Ive read the keep the ecu in truck.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Starting Member

Anything guys??

Old 03-06-2017, 12:23 PM
BF Veteran

alittle upon install ,but as stated above, get the computer flashed
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Starting Member

I don't want the computer that's what I'm trying to eliminate

Old 03-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Starting Member

I have a carb and a hei distributor all I need is to figure out how to make the 4l60 or 700r4 work with lockup and the pushbutton 4X4. I want to gut the whole ECU

Old 03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you don't care what no longer works in the truck and/or are willing to rewire those things that you do care about, rip it all out and see what you have to do to get things working again. Just be warned that your dash will no longer work without the ECM along with many other systems in the truck. But hey, it's an offroad only truck right...

You may want to invest in a quality manual that has wiring diagrams and start doing your own homework.

Quite frankly, you seem overwhelmed with the basic stuff. You probably should have started with something older with less electronic integration.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

Lol Not overwhelmed in the least, as much as I love my Blazer,, Gm electrical is as reliable as a cracked out prostitute.

I'm amazed at how nobody on this forum is willing to talk about emissions delete and how if it's brought up your thread is locked!!!
Land of the free though right sheep!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:36 AM
BF Veteran

what year is this blazer?

Quick Reply: 98 4.3w off road engine being built !! Suggestions?