Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

98 4.3w off road engine being built !! Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hurleyii
Lol Not overwhelmed in the least, as much as I love my Blazer,, Gm electrical is as reliable as a cracked out prostitute.

I'm amazed at how nobody on this forum is willing to talk about emissions delete and how if it's brought up your thread is locked!!!
Land of the free though right sheep!
Discussion of bypassing emissions for on-road vehicles is discouraged as defeating emissions equipment is illegal on the federal level in the US. Off-road vehicles do not yet fall into this category and discussions have occurred in detail, but please keep up with the ignorant insults. Lets see where that gets you.

GM electronics aren't reliable...? This forum supports active discussions on vehicles that are, in most cases, over 20 years old. The vast majority of the problems are component failures, not electrical. And even at that, most electrical problems are due to either improper repairs in the past or were the result of damage caused by another failure. Do you know how many s-series trucks are out there? Unreliable...hardly.

Why bring up emissions delete anyway other than to go on a little rant to try to get back at the forum for some reason? Like it owes you something...

Is it the emissions equipment that bothers you most about your truck? Would removing it from your off-road build, leaving the rest of the electronically controlled equipment be satisfactory to you? If so, it would be much easier to cut it all off behind the upstream O2 sensors and keep the ECM (after a reprogram to remove those trouble codes affected by the cat, downstream O2 sensor, AIR pump, and EGR delete) than it is to completely remove the ECM from the truck. Keeping the ECM will allow you to keep the injection system, ignition system, dash, transmission, and all of the other systems in the truck that are tied into the ECM/BCM system.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Starting Member
hurleyii is on a distinguished road

Quick update as it’s been a few years guys. I’m finally getting back to my build. SS brake lines from inline tube have been installed the rear ZR2 axle bolted in last night and I’m in the middle of the polyurethane body bushings and 1/2” body lift. She is not as clean as she looked before a pressure wash I’ll say that. Here’s a pic though of current situation.

Current condition

Old 10-26-2019, 04:50 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice to see it still alive and kicking.