Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

DIY Torque Management Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road
Default DIY Torque Management Reduction

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the correct section for this, so if it is please move it.

But the reason I'm posting is that I recently had a shift kit and corvette servo installed in the 4L60E (really changes how the thing shifts at WOT, youd be surprised) and I've read that GM implements something called Torque Management in the PCM which retards ignition timing during the shift to go easy on the transmission.

I'd like to reduce torque management myself without having to buy an expensive tuner or send the PCM off for a full tune. Something like pay $20 for a cable that can go directly from the OBD connector to the serial on a laptop and some type of (preferably) free software that lets me write to the PCM. I really have no idea which type of cable is ideal for this or what software will do the trick, if anyone can suggest anything (schematics on how to make a cable work too) then I would really appreciate it.