Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Engine Swap Question (Used Search First)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 PM
D1LLeX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engine Swap Question (Used Search First)

Before I get flamed I did used the search and got many of my questions answered by doing so but there are a few that are still not clear to me that I would feel better about asking directly. If Its a bother no hard feelings if you delete my post.

Anyway I plan on doing a 4.3L to 350 engine swap in my '98 Blazer just like many other people and I was wondering about certain parts. First of all I had planned on swapping with the 5.7L V8 Vortec non throttle body engine such as what can be found in the '99 or so Tahoes. Will this motor work as far as anybody knows or will I have to go throttle body. Secondly, will my stock radiator be potent enough to cool a V8 or will it have to be replaced and if so will a V8 radiator fit in my core support. Also I'm pretty sure but I want to be 100 percent, is the stock transmission on the '98's a 4L60E, because if so it should be the same tranny that is used in the '99 Tahoe. And Lastly if I was wanting to use a cold air induction kit could I get the one made to fit the fullsize blazers that came with V8's or will it have to be a custom job.

Sorry for so many questions but I just want to be sure about anything so I dont get knee deep in the project and get screwed over, i'm sure you know what I mean. So any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated and if theres anything that I didnt mention that I need to clarify feel free to ask.
Thank you all for the help.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Engine Swap Question (Used Search First)

in nearly every thread about v8 swaps, somebody throws this link out so im sure you have seen it. but, for the sake of repetition, www.jagsthatrun.com they have a manual on what all needs to be done and they sell lots of parts you may need (motor mounts, headers, oil pan...)

the trans is a 4L60e...

i think the radiator will work but im not sure, i know JTR sells vette rad's for use with a 350