Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Horsepowerchips.com???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Beginning Member
S10Blazerdude is on a distinguished road
Default Horsepowerchips.com???????

I was looking that their website and they were saying that you can get a 70 HP gain from their horsepower and O2 chips. Anyone ever heard this before or think this is true? Its about 140 bucks and I dont wanna spend that if it wont work. Any feed back will be wonderful. Thank you.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Too good to be true. A friend of mine was duped by a website similar to that. They sent him a chip in a plastic box with 2 wires coming out of it. When you opened the box it had 2 wires soldered to two legs of the chip and you were suppose to hook it up to your IAT sensor. And he paid $70 for it lol

Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Scam plain and simple.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member
S10Blazerdude is on a distinguished road

Yeah I thought it might be too good to be true.....I found another chip that has 6 different functions.....made by Jet.....so I think I will go with that one instead.....lol....thank you guys for the feedback!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

all these "performance chips" are is resistors, and they do nothing more than trick your computer into thinking the engine is colder than it is causing the engine to run rich. Go with a tune. Im getting mine from pcms 4 less, there's also wait4me, and a few others, run a search on this forum and you'll find a ton of info and the prices arent much more if any than what your looking at.