Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

more power

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:48 AM
blazerbeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default more power

i bought a 96 blazer last summer and i want to start doing some modifications to it
mydads got a zr2 with a cold air and magnaflows and it sounds sick so i want to do that but i don't know whereto go from there.

i'm thinking a chip and a throttle body spacer?

any help would be good

Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 PM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: more power

chips are nice but i think you will have more response with a power programer. especially since you are doing more than just a chip. dont know too much about tbody spacers. if you are willing to spend the money i would do a complete exhaust (headers back).

Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 AM

it just economizes your fuel a bit and it sounds like a small turbo at the right rpms

its just a small spacer and some new brackets and its cheap and sounds cool so whatever lol

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point

for the most power you have to run headers with full exhaust, throttle body spacer or even a bigger throttle body, and a programmer if you really want to get power i would put all new internals in it or at least a rebuild
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Butch is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go with a cold air intake your not supposed to do a throttle body spacer, vise-versa..

Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing wrong with combining a CAI with a tb spacer, but spacers on these motors tb spacers really do not provide any real results. There have been quite a few people here that have them that say that they got absolutely no gain out of it, just a part throttle whistle...

And if you are going to go through the trouble of doing a CAI, make sure that it is isolated from the engine bay heat. An open element air filter open to engine bay heat is actually worse than the factory air box.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 PM

yea i bought a volant intake since then and i'm very impressed with it.

highway pickup is way better now. i've also cut my cat, put a dynamax highflow muffler on it and i put a chip in as well.

bout 4 days ago i ripped up a supercharged volkswagon corrado so it must have done something