Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

performance maf sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 AM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road
Default performance maf sensor

been thinking about getting this jet performance mass air flow sensor for my o2 zr2 jegs catalog has it says 8 to 22 hp gains for 290 bucks anyone out there got one i am also looking at a polishished throttle body i really wanted to get heads and intake but options are for carburators only i want to stay with injection

Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I call BS. IMO, the only way you'll gain anything is if you are pushing the limits of the stock MAF. The stock maf should be good to 300HP.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

donate the money instead of wasting it on that. just saw a 350 on kijiji for $300

Old 01-04-2011, 12:14 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

so do you think they are lying about the sensors performance increase the sensor is made by jet performance and it sales in jegs catalog the looks of it over the stock one is that it is less restrictive check it out at jegs part# 561-69105

don't think i want to v8 my blazer it would be cooler to beef up the 4.3 i know alot of people runnin v8's in there s10's but only a few hogged out 4.3's daring to be different

Last edited by rriddle3; 01-04-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS. PLEASE USE THE 'EDIT' BUTTON TO ADD TO A POST IF NOBODY HAS YET REPLIED.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
GodTheTerrorist is on a distinguished road

i checked the maf on jegs it looks the same size as stock i dont imagine it would let any more air flow through. i do agree with you though beef up the 4.3

Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Obviously I'll agree with the beefed up 4.3, just to be different & the shock factor :P

Old 01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
hellblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

found some on amazon.com and way less than that.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Beginning Member
jcpc83 is on a distinguished road

Here's why they claim it to add power, if you look at it, and your stock MAF you'll notice its missing the honeycomb. The honeycomb straightens out the air flow if the air is curved before the MAF. So their suggestion is since there is more "room" inside the sensor that more air flows in and in return you gain a little more HP at the flywheel/flexplate. The only way to test this is to dyno the engine/vehicle using the two. Its possible you'll get less power than with the original sensor due to a bad reading. An Air/Fuel ratio gauge would help out here as well to see if the engine leans out too much and risks damage.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Starting Member
primbully is on a distinguished road

I have a lot a friends with DSMs and they use our stock mafs with the 4g63 turbo mitsu motors and push over 600hp on the maf so the stock maf should ok

Old 03-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Beginning Member
agb1976 is on a distinguished road

I had added a Granatelli Maf sensor to my 00 Camaro SS. What a huge difference. I felt the the difference because the dealer had told me the stock one was bad and wanted 459 bucks for a new one. So I went aftermarket and it performed great, but this was an Ls1 motor to making a lot more power.

Quick Reply: performance maf sensor