Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

thoughts on this underdrive kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
bitbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thoughts on this underdrive kit

they sy it will go on a 4.3, i think they would fit but what are some of you guys/gals thoguhts?
For $55 would these be a good deal about half the cost of other ones but not sure if they would be good.
clicky

Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: thoughts on this underdrive kit

I would not recommend them. They really don't add HP, just relieve some HP by turning the accessories slower. This may cause problems like increased steering effort, lower alternator output, overheating in high temps, and lower output from you A/C system. This is all due to the slower turning accessories (water pump, alternator, a/c compressor and power steering pump).

This has been discussed here before. Maybe run a search to see what others had to say.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
bitbandit is an unknown quantity at this point

i have read a few of the threads about them, i was just curious about thoughts on those ones.
but, meh, i dont think i will go after a set.
i dont think they look super quality, and i dont want to spend 90+ for a nicer looking set.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ok. I misunderstood you then. Yeah, my initial impression was that it was a hack job on a lathe. One thing is for sure when talking about serpentine setups, the grooves have to be fairly precise to not cause wear problems with the belt.