Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Uncommon v8 swap???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Liftedsas is on a distinguished road
Default Uncommon v8 swap???

Ok so I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find anybody that has done a 6.0 swap into a blazer. The reason I'm asking is because I have access to the complete parts truck that still runs and drives great and since I haven't found anything on it I figured it would be a cool swap. Has anyone ever done this swap? I would be taking the engine, harness, trans, tcase out of a 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 and the front and rear ends out of an older k5 blazer for the sas. Hoping for about 10 inches of lift with a 2 inch body lift so I can clear 37s. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Everything I've found is for 350s or 327 vortecs. Thanks!!! Oh it will be going into a 95+ four door blazer.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The 6.0L (LQ4 or LQ9) are LS engines so any one of the multitude of LS swaps (4.8L & 5.3L) that can be found on the net will run through the gambit of necessities.

Horsepower on SpikeTV had a few episodes on swapping a 5.3L into a s-series Blazer (link provided above to one of those episodes).

Old 06-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Liftedsas is on a distinguished road

Oh really? I didn't know it was considered an ls engine haha. So basically I'm looking at the four bolt motor mounts and some accessory relocation then? The goal for this swap is to basically keep all the power I have before the sas and the 37s and to upgrade my towing capabilities as I will be moving to Washington soon and want to be able to haul my whole house there in one trip.