Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Where to start with Ol' Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Im useing the E3 plugs and not had a problem along with a lot of people i know are running them the day they came out and nothing but better a slight increase in power and mpg's. Just wondering why you dont like them but Delco plugs are honestly great so you cant go wrong.

The hub bearing should take about an hour and if they have a ball joint seperator it should only take about an hour and a half to do the lower ball joints. Its not that hard. When you go to a shop see if you ask if you can supply the parts and you pay the labor for them to install them. I personally would get moog ball joints and my hub bearing was made from NTP. I would also go and tell a few other shops you have this wrong and get a few quotes. Ask around also and see if you are recommended any shops that are well known.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The E3 plugs will not last as long due to choice in metallurgy between the E3's and the double platinum Delco's. The increase that is felt is likely just the increase from old/used plugs to new plugs. You'll likely realize the same phenomenon with any new and properly gapped plug. IMO, the E3's rank right up there with the Bosch gimic plugs. If the technology actually proved itself, everyone would be using it. Especially with the ever increasing CAFE requirements. If they are working for you, good. Keep using them, but keep an eye on them. They won't last the 75-100k miles that a good double platinum plug will. Their life will be more around 25-30k miles.

As far as the difference between using low range and/or having lockers...

Lockers send power equally between the wheels on that axle. If you have an open differential (i.e. do not have a locker/LSD - whether it's the stock G80 automatic locker, a selectable locker like ARB, etc, or a limited slip differential), then the wheel with the least grip on that axle will get all of the power.

Low range is just giving the engine more mechanical advantage. You can't go as fast due to the gear reduction, but the truck can crawl along and, traction permitting, can pull more of a load.