Shows & Clubs Know of a show to which you can bring your Blazer? Post it! Have a car club for Blazers? Tell us!

Any WI. clubs

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:12 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Any WI. clubs

BLEARGH!!!! Been busy as all heck guys so i havent gotten ya any updates. From the little conversing with blueknight it sounds like BOWA is the name thats the most catchy and its honestly the best we can come up with, LOL. I just send blueknight a preliminary site logo via pm but i figure ill put it up here too so you can all take a look. Now this is just preliminary as i said so dont be too harsh on me and my meteocre photoshop skills but lemme know what ya think or want me to change. Link Also im ironing out a rough draft of the main site and its sub pages. Neatest feature that i want to include is a local weather page. This will have a full forcast page for most of the major cities in WI, IL, MN, IA,and upper MI. All of it is powered by a free service from weatherzone.com and its actually really slick. This way we can plan meets, carshows, and muddin according to the latest weather briefings for the area. How it will be setup is essentially there will be a weather page with a list of all the cities covered and then all ya gotta do is click on the city closest to where ya wanna be and bam ya got the forcast. Anywho, this sound like a good idea or am i just out of my gourd here?

Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya rob that sounds tight! good idea for plans so we dont have to go to other sources for weather we'll have it in one place w/ the forum!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: RCars2
Now this is just preliminary as i said so dont be too harsh on me and my meteocre photoshop skills but lemme know what ya think or want me to change. Link
If you need help with graphics I can do a little bit. Nothing professional by any means but still something you'd be proud to have on your site.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:54 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I like the name BOWA, I havent been able to come up with anything else yet. As for the logo, I like the states being in there. Otherwise it would be cool to showoff both lifted, lowered, and stock blazers in the upper banner. Maybe even from different generations too.

As far as the weather page, I think it is a cool idea. You can get these sticker things at www.wunderground.com, here is a link Here is what some off them could look like

Just a thought. But I am game for the BOWA Name

Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM

ya i like what lennyblazer is sayin bout diff gen blazers in the banner and stuff that would work really well! and ya it looks like BOWA is the final decision on the name

Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 PM

Cool, glad we got the name settled. Ill work on getting a host here in the next couple days and I'll most likely have a forum up in a week or so (busy schedule). We can build the site to the forum so we can fine tune the site.

Tripleblack: Give it a stab with the site logo,if you want the original photoshop psd file send me a pm and ill get ya a link to it. That way you can grab the layers ya want and such (ie the states in the background).

Lenny: Hmm, might be interesting to do the tags. Only reason i thought the full pages would be cool is that it has the full forcast and everything for the next week. Once we get there though we can dive in more detail.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:57 PM

Yeah what those buttons do though is update every so often cant remember how often, like once a minute or something like that. But then if you click on them, then they will send you to the full forecast page, or atleast we could make them into a hyperlink. I thought it would be cool just to see some general weather info for each place and then link to the full forecast.

EDIT: see how it says click for forcast on the buttons, it will link you automatically to that cities forecast. just an idea

Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM

Touche Lenny, i kinda like those a bit more now. The banner is my favorite of the bunch so that gets my vote. Ill see what format works best once i get some free time to hammer out that page. Or once i get blueknight the site layout i may have him hammer out some code.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Yeah I like that banner one the best, but I thought the state flag one would be pretty cool to, maybe for the capital cities in the states or something. Yeah if you go to the site, and then click on the weather sticker you want, it wil give you the html code for either english, metric, or both for that particular city and weather sticker. Its pretty sweet, pretty much just copy and paste. I havent used html in like 7 years now, but I used to be pretty decent at it back in 8th grade, when I ran the middle school's website.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 PM

aight guys what do u think our colors should be for our color scheme??? i was maybe thinkin some blue or red or somethin i'm not to sure so give it some thought!

Quick Reply: Any WI. clubs