Shows & Clubs Know of a show to which you can bring your Blazer? Post it! Have a car club for Blazers? Tell us!

Oklahoma meet.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

my blazer is my daily driver...... i dont wash it or much of anything. but im doing a lil bit of work on it here and there. my pretty truck is my s10 in my sig.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a cool idea.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

I'm in Shawnee. I could drive to any of the towns you guys are in, or I could drive to OKC. I don't know what the heck the Pole Position is except when some girl is dancing around one (just kidding, I don't really go to places like that) Or, if several of you have 4X4 we could meet in Byars out on the sand of the Canadian River. Or here in Shawnee. We have a classic car club called the Shawnee Knights who hang out at the old drive in "Brown Derby" a few blocks from my house. Lots of bow-ties around there and chit chat.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 AM

Now thats a heck of an idea!.... goin wheeling together. but i my 4x4 wont engage so thats on my list to fix........ maybe well hafta plan a meet later on about 4x4ing?

pole position is an indoor race track on little go carts. and there not that little im 6'3 and my best bud is 6'5 and we fit just fine. if we do go though if you have your own closed face motorcycle helmet .bring it or you have to wear there communal ones.......

Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Beginning Member
SSTBDriver is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm in! I live in southeast OKC but I'm willing to travel. From the responses it appears like a northern venture may work better but either way I think it would be a great idea.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bowtie-72
JTalley, don`t sweat it, your ride doesn`t have to be perfect...
Mine needs some front end work on it or else I'll probably blow a tire halfway to the city. I don't even drive it to Davis. Plus, I just got into a wreck so I need to get a new back window.

Originally Posted by billbobagns
...if several of you have 4X4 we could meet in Byars out on the sand of the Canadian River...
That sounds like fun! But like chevytruckdood, I have to fix my 4x4 as well. The previous owner left everything on Neko to itself, so I have to fix or replace a lot of things before I can even think of going off-road. If we meet in the spring, though, that leaves me plenty of time.

Originally Posted by billbobagns
...Or here in Shawnee. We have a classic car club called the Shawnee Knights who hang out at the old drive in "Brown Derby" a few blocks from my house. Lots of bow-ties around there and chit chat.
A drive-in movie theater? I've never been to one in my life, to be honest. Sounds like fun!

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
...if we do go though if you have your own closed face motorcycle helmet .bring it or you have to wear there communal ones.......
Communal helmets definately don't sound like fun... I'll have to scour Craigslist for a helmet then. The only thing that sucks about that is that I'm claustrophobic (sp?) and last time I put on a full-face helmet I nearly hyperventilated. I am a big fan of go-karts though! It's been years since I've drove one. I'll probably make a fool out of myself but I'll enjoy it.

I'm liking pretty much all of these suggestions.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Starting Member
bowtie-72 is on a distinguished road

WOW, I didn`t think there would be this much interest, COOL. I like the idea of keeping the meet in OKC. It is centerally located, and has more options on stuff to do, plus people coming in from the smaller communities can do errands ( pick up parts etc. ) afterwards.
I think a 4x4 meet would be good for another time, this would be good for everyone to get to meet each other, then decide who they would like to go 4-wheel`n with.
If everyone likes the idea of Pole Position, we can plan on that. I will go by there one weekend and scope it out. All we will have to do then is agree on a day and time. I think a Sat. afternoon would be good, pick one in the spring with no chance of hail or tornadoes. We may have to hold our Oklahoma meet in New Mexico! LOL.
I would like to say thanks to chevytruckdood, and JTally for your help, this sounds like fun!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

This message is to the guys in Oklahoma who need to fix your 4X4;

Maybe we can work together to get your problem fixed. Tell me what is wrong and what city your truck is in.

I'm in Shawnee, I have a heated shop and can get my hands on a few spare parts.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

As for mine, I was told it's some kind of vacuum line. It has the shifter, not the electronic thing. I still haven't taken a look at it though, I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 AM

dang dang. ive been to shawnee twice recently..........i m not exactly sure whats wrong with mine before i managed to break the switch ..it didnt work. since i have an apartment right now im not exactly sure how much is really wrong with the 4wd parts............

Quick Reply: Oklahoma meet.