Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Shows & Clubs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/shows-clubs-27/)
-   -   So you live in Oregon? (Southern Washington works too) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/shows-clubs-27/so-you-live-oregon-southern-washington-works-too-37363/)

ABN31B 12-09-2009 11:15 PM

I'm down with either. I haven't heard from Steve (Ugly_Monkey) since he suggested this.
What are you thinking? Something like an early Jan weekend link up? Look for some trails around say Woodburn/Canby/Willsonville area?

I'm open to suggestions :D

aickle_411 12-10-2009 07:25 AM

The weekend of the 9-10th would be good for me, as far as trails go I don't have much 4x4 experience so I would like to do that. If you know some trails around that area(canby-wilsonville) I'm interested. We could meet up at high-noon somewhere close to the trails.

ABN31B 12-10-2009 12:16 PM

Sweet. Let's gun for the 9th. I'll tap some locals and see what they know. Also, if we don't hear from steve by Monday, i'll give him a call and see if he's into it. Most of my offroad experience is more along the lines of "do what ever the hell i want to HMMWVs" but that kind of driving will get me KILLED in this blazer :D or ruin another engine :icon_doh: and it's too cold to ford any rivers so...
we should be good tearing up some of the lower edges of the Cascades :icon_bike:

She could use some light trail work though. We shall see what we can come up with :icon_teeth:

aickle_411 12-10-2009 10:25 PM

Right on. I don't know anybody that knows that area so it's on you to plan that part! I'm lookin forward to some 'light' trails (absolutely stock rig) but I'll try whatever!

scottsr1950 12-11-2009 07:50 PM

Sounds like a plan to me... My 99 blazer is stock and I haven't even got a chance to put it in the snow yet... Oh and you should all know that I talk like i'm 12 but actually i'm 59 ( only feel 58 though ) ;-) Guess I could drag my Polaris 425 magnum along just incase the blazer doesn't cut the mustard.. Jan is a little cold but living in Oregon.. who knows. I couldn't put my name on the list either.. ;-( My son lives in Vancouver and I had to buy a navi system to find my way to his house every time I go over there hehe.

aickle_411 12-11-2009 08:48 PM

H-ha, right on scotts- I'm 36 but I still talk like a teenager, look forward to meeting you guys and playin' with the trucks!

ABN31B 12-12-2009 01:16 PM

I shot steve a pm, so we shall see. Scott, you are less then 5 minutes from my place. If you decide to roll, just tuck in behind me and keep my lame looking tail lights in sight. I promise not to steer you too wrong :o

I have a recruiter buddy that works in Canby (he covers a LARGE area out there...) anyway he has a couple future soldiers theat are into wheeling out that way so I am trying to get a good trail suggestion for some light to moderate offroad work. With 4-6 of us, we should be able to self recover anything less than if one of us goes screaming over a 100' drop :icon_teeth: :) :o :( :icon_no: :icon_cry:

aickle_411 12-22-2009 08:36 PM

Sounds good ABN... keep us informed man.

ABN31B 12-22-2009 09:07 PM

** UPDATE:

No word from Mr. Canby, so I'm gonna pin him down tomorrow and get a yay or nay. If there is no prospective trails, then I'm open to suggestions. Hell, i'm open now if you guys know a Place... :icon_teeth:

Browns Park is supposed to be pretty bad, but it is halfway to Tilamook :icon_shrug:
We can go up to Lolo Pass and there are some trails around MT Hood, but that is kind of a trek from you aikle_411.

So far we are up to:
aikle_411
Ugly_Monkey
scottsr1950
ABN31B
on board
and
g4c <-- '92 s series mostly stock i believe
maybe

we are still looking at the weekend of the 9th of Jan. all we need is a venue....

aickle_411 12-24-2009 06:57 AM

I don't mind driving a little ways for some fun in the snow! Also, I'm interested in checking out more areas around mt hood so that would be an o-k by me.