Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Shows & Clubs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/shows-clubs-27/)
-   -   So you live in Oregon? (Southern Washington works too) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/shows-clubs-27/so-you-live-oregon-southern-washington-works-too-37363/)

ABN31B 11-26-2009 04:14 PM

So you live in Oregon? (Southern Washington works too)

1 Attachment(s)
On the suggestion of one Mr. Ugly_Monkey, I am posting this up. Why the F should we not meet up? Well to name a few reason; you could be a serial killer/stalker. It's weird to meet people from the internet unless they are hot and from sites you dont want your wife/gf/mom to find you on, and well it's real life and can be kind of a hassle...

Bleak right? Well here are a few reasons to meet up; Why not? I wont steal your car since I already have one. Theres not a whole lot going on in Oregon anyway...

So all of that being said I (steal the idea to) propose a Blazer Forum meet and greet. This could easily roll into a day trip either tooling through some light trails/enjoying a burrito supreme and making fun of my grille. Either way, we all win.

There are a few guys from Oregon on the forum. Ugly_Monkey and myself are on fairly regularly. aickle_411, brewpubbeaver, and rovettokc are new and in the area. hell even old schoolers like Taymacjack might log in and spot this.
If I missed your name and you are in the A.O., feel free to post up. Vancouver folk are welcome too, just understand that your city has the worst road lay out ever.... 2nd only to Chicago

Now all we need is a tenative plan, date, location, and idea! Sweet! to help find a good centralized location, use the supplied map to add your name, cut the correcponding number and drop it where you live on the map. As for right now, it's me and steve. I think what, Clackamas(?) is central for us. If aickle is down, then maybe Oregoncity/gladstoen would be central, etc....

I think if we set this up for like... mid Jan we could pull it off, and could have some snow to blast through. I'm down for a little trail run. I'm down for linking up grabbing some chow, and BS-ing. :icon_shrug: hell want to go camping, drink a few beers, toast off a bonfire, and talk about how bad ass your truck is? i'm down for that too.... 9but it will be cold in jan)
What do you think?

old skool luvr 11-26-2009 09:10 PM

Curtis, are you trying to show off your new skid plate to all of your neighbours now?

ABN31B 11-27-2009 01:29 AM

nope, i'm just acting as ugly_monkey's mouth piece. he brought it up, i'm just getting the ball rolling.

aickle_411 11-27-2009 10:38 AM

Well, I coundn't figure out how to add my name to the list or map, but I'm interested! Camping would be nice, but yes, jan. is a little cold. I'm in salem, so ABN31B if you could explai how I can add myself to the map, I'm there!

ABN31B 11-27-2009 02:04 PM

i gotchu man :D

ok from here on out ill just update because like an a-hole, i posted this as an attachment.... :icon_doh:

tell me where you are in our great state ill add you to the map and before you know it we'll be driving to medford to link up for some fun in the sun! *lies*

well we're up to 3!

C.Blazer 11-30-2009 09:26 AM

If your going for a nice day trip make it a week trip head up to Canada and then youll have like 10ppl. And you can NEVER keep secrets from us, well find out sooner or later, with google maps I can walk right past that grille guard, especially since I can see it as a shiny dot when I view Oregon :)

C.Blazer 11-30-2009 09:29 AM

But on a very serious note, I am currently walking around Gresham on google maps. Curtis, pm me your street name I want to see if your blazer was home when the pics were taken lol.

ABN31B 11-30-2009 09:49 AM

wtf stalker! LOL, no it's not i just moved into this joint in June. Ther previous owners are out gardening. Honstley though. you have my name first and last, home town, license plate #... really if you can find me with google you are hurting :icon_teeth:

C.Blazer 11-30-2009 09:58 AM

Haha good to know youve already tried to find yourself. And stalking is a bit of an overstatement, if anything im stalking that god-aweful grille of yours. LOL. I was also trying to figure out how long of a drive itd be if I decided to trek from Ontario to Oregon lol. It would be an interesting meet.

aickle_411 12-09-2009 10:17 PM

No one else interested in a get-together yet? What do you guys think, do you want to find some trails or meet-and-greet then decide what to do?

ABN31B 12-09-2009 11:15 PM

I'm down with either. I haven't heard from Steve (Ugly_Monkey) since he suggested this.
What are you thinking? Something like an early Jan weekend link up? Look for some trails around say Woodburn/Canby/Willsonville area?

I'm open to suggestions :D

aickle_411 12-10-2009 07:25 AM

The weekend of the 9-10th would be good for me, as far as trails go I don't have much 4x4 experience so I would like to do that. If you know some trails around that area(canby-wilsonville) I'm interested. We could meet up at high-noon somewhere close to the trails.

ABN31B 12-10-2009 12:16 PM

Sweet. Let's gun for the 9th. I'll tap some locals and see what they know. Also, if we don't hear from steve by Monday, i'll give him a call and see if he's into it. Most of my offroad experience is more along the lines of "do what ever the hell i want to HMMWVs" but that kind of driving will get me KILLED in this blazer :D or ruin another engine :icon_doh: and it's too cold to ford any rivers so...
we should be good tearing up some of the lower edges of the Cascades :icon_bike:

She could use some light trail work though. We shall see what we can come up with :icon_teeth:

aickle_411 12-10-2009 10:25 PM

Right on. I don't know anybody that knows that area so it's on you to plan that part! I'm lookin forward to some 'light' trails (absolutely stock rig) but I'll try whatever!

scottsr1950 12-11-2009 07:50 PM

Sounds like a plan to me... My 99 blazer is stock and I haven't even got a chance to put it in the snow yet... Oh and you should all know that I talk like i'm 12 but actually i'm 59 ( only feel 58 though ) ;-) Guess I could drag my Polaris 425 magnum along just incase the blazer doesn't cut the mustard.. Jan is a little cold but living in Oregon.. who knows. I couldn't put my name on the list either.. ;-( My son lives in Vancouver and I had to buy a navi system to find my way to his house every time I go over there hehe.

aickle_411 12-11-2009 08:48 PM

H-ha, right on scotts- I'm 36 but I still talk like a teenager, look forward to meeting you guys and playin' with the trucks!

ABN31B 12-12-2009 01:16 PM

I shot steve a pm, so we shall see. Scott, you are less then 5 minutes from my place. If you decide to roll, just tuck in behind me and keep my lame looking tail lights in sight. I promise not to steer you too wrong :o

I have a recruiter buddy that works in Canby (he covers a LARGE area out there...) anyway he has a couple future soldiers theat are into wheeling out that way so I am trying to get a good trail suggestion for some light to moderate offroad work. With 4-6 of us, we should be able to self recover anything less than if one of us goes screaming over a 100' drop :icon_teeth: :) :o :( :icon_no: :icon_cry:

aickle_411 12-22-2009 08:36 PM

Sounds good ABN... keep us informed man.

ABN31B 12-22-2009 09:07 PM

** UPDATE:

No word from Mr. Canby, so I'm gonna pin him down tomorrow and get a yay or nay. If there is no prospective trails, then I'm open to suggestions. Hell, i'm open now if you guys know a Place... :icon_teeth:

Browns Park is supposed to be pretty bad, but it is halfway to Tilamook :icon_shrug:
We can go up to Lolo Pass and there are some trails around MT Hood, but that is kind of a trek from you aikle_411.

So far we are up to:
aikle_411
Ugly_Monkey
scottsr1950
ABN31B
on board
and
g4c <-- '92 s series mostly stock i believe
maybe

we are still looking at the weekend of the 9th of Jan. all we need is a venue....

aickle_411 12-24-2009 06:57 AM

I don't mind driving a little ways for some fun in the snow! Also, I'm interested in checking out more areas around mt hood so that would be an o-k by me.

Ugly_Monkey 12-28-2009 02:39 PM

I'm in the process of moving so I don't have inet at home for now. hit me up by phone if i dont respond on here!

ABN31B 12-28-2009 07:49 PM

**UPDATE**
Nothing good by word of moth in Canby, but to be fair, I am asking a recruiter to ask his future soldiers to incriminate themselves so i understand them not really wanting to cough up locations :icon_rolleyes:

I'm going out this weekend to scout 2 potential trails 1/2 way up MT Hood (Welches area) I'll fill you guys in. Worst case senario, we will have a location set NLT 4 Jan.

PS: Steve, I'll touch bases with you tomorrow, and will fill you in via phone as this pans out.

ABN31B 01-05-2010 11:42 PM

**UPDATE**

well boys and girls i broke my crap. https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...627#post283627
could be worse; im stuck in 4wd. i have a few trails that have been scouted, but I have not put eyeson yet. I will notiify each of you via PM if this is still going down by Thursday night. If i'm stupid broke, or cant get a good trail, i'll call this off and back it up 2 weeks or so.

If i can get a good trial and you guys still want to meet up, i'll send out directions in the pm also. Sorry guys, i spear headed this, then tripped and stabbed myself :icon_no:

Wish me luck, and lets see if we can salvage it :D

Ugly_Monkey 01-06-2010 11:49 AM

I just moved to Tigard. I'm waiting on Inet to get installed. So I'm pretty much game for whenever. I got a set of wheels/tires off craigslist, they arnt new but they are better than my current ones. So ill just bring like 3 spares, lol. I should be back around on here within the week... I hope!

ABN31B 01-06-2010 06:51 PM

good to hear! i had poked around to get a decent price on the at2's you wanted, but no one around here could beat the internet prices i was using to compare (after shipping even).

still a glimmer of hope, and i am still holding on to the hope that this will pan out for me at least. PMs to follow tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

lets hope this works out boys and girls. here is Saturday's forcast (9th)
the next few days will favor knobbier tires...

looks like you loaded up just in time Steve :icon_teeth:

BTW i have 3 trail ready cameras that we can pass around to make sure we get enough evidence of our meeting, trail runs with all stock height trucks, and mostly novice off roaders :D

i'll bring a case of MRE's so we wont starve outright when we all break down :p also, my AAA membership just ogt renewed so we are golden if we can drag your (my) carcass back to the road :D

aickle_411 01-07-2010 12:08 AM

I've been busy at work and forgot to check in. Well, I'm still game just let me know what the game plan is, we push it back if need be no prob. That sucks about your rig but hey, it could happen to anyone of us! I wish I had some better tires for mud and snow, but I'll make do!

ABN31B 01-07-2010 10:33 PM

Well we have two options here: I can post up a map of how to get to some mild trails on the way up mt hood for you all to play with, or we can back the date up a bit and take another run at this. since i am just one guy, and you are 3, i leave it to you. otherwise, let me know and i'll shoot you out a strip map

sorry to spoil the fun if this doesn't pan out :(

aickle_411 01-08-2010 12:04 AM

I think the we should just postpone a few...its not a big deal and the more peeps the better! But, if you other guys still want to go play, I'll join in!

Ugly_Monkey 01-08-2010 02:57 PM

I'm game either way. but might make for a better trip to put it off a couple weeks. (im still trying to get every last mm of tread out of my current tires)

ABN31B 01-08-2010 05:13 PM

Well i dropped the ball on this one. If you all want to push it back some, I'll take a back seat. if you need trails etc, i can offer a few, but as for dates, I'm all ears :D

Ugly_Monkey 01-08-2010 08:17 PM

Hate to say it but...

saturdays trip has bad mojo, we NEED to push it back a few weeks.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...772#post284772

97OregonBlazer 07-26-2011 04:26 AM

hey im in salem... you guys gunna go trailin sometime in good ol' oregon? let me know, would love to meet up

89Recon 11-11-2011 04:41 PM

I live in Astoria and I would be interested in doing a get together sounds like a lot of fun I will bring the most awesome 1st gen s series ever :icon_playing: (complete and utter lies lol)

PhotonVibes 11-27-2011 06:38 PM

Hey I live in Vancouver, what's up?!

Coddrick 05-02-2012 03:30 PM

Alright, new member! New blazer! I'm in Beaverton, and looks like last post was right about the time the cold weather started kicking in. So now that the good weather is back(a relative term), I am intrested in meeting up with some other blazer owners in the area, and seeing some of things you have done to mod your rig to get some good ideas. Also I have a hell of a project ahead of me getting my '79 in good order, so there's definatly so advice you got, I would benifit from hearing. Plus there is nothing better then a nice convoy through some pacific NW trails. I'll be keeping an eye out for dates and places to get together! P.S. -Not a serial killer-

duxtoyz 05-02-2012 04:14 PM

im in longview, wa.....40 miles north of vancouver and im down to meet up. my blazer isnt street legal, but i can make it work.....i have trailers. :)

Ugly_Monkey 05-03-2012 01:21 AM

Hey guys, I've been out for awhile but I'm down to get this rollin again. Maybe a day trip to Browns camp? or somewhere mellower?

Ugly_Monkey 05-04-2012 04:45 AM

I got forum decals for anyone that wants to meet up too.