Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Chevy Blazer project

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

Ugh! So Im removing the interior trim so I can remove the door jam seals so I can back mask and it never fails RUST!!

Treating it with Corrseal.

So tomorrow I will weld a patch over it.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Starting Member

I also found a leak. The rear passenger side window leaks like crazy. So I will call the auto glass tomorrow and have Kieth come out and remove the window before I paint and once Im done painting Ill have him come back and urethane it back in. Im not sure who what or why but the trim panel was glued in with the window and I can see someone had the window out and did a half *** job installing it.

Pour water in here and leaks straight through.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Starting Member

I also have decided to take all the doors off and paint the doors , hood, front bumper, rear bumper, and possibly the rear hatch all off the Blazer. I started thinking about it and since I have to paint the jams there would be no way to paint the pillar that divides the front and rear door. Even if I could paint it Im nervous that in my old age I will be to slow to make it all the way around the blazer without having dry spots in the clear. So I think taking the doors off is the only way. It's going to really test my skills, if it wasnt a pearl it wouldnt be such a big deal.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MountainDew
The old FrankenHinge,, nice..
Of course lol. Id rather have it held in than not there at all. Improvise, adapt, overcome right?
Originally Posted by MountainDew
I also have decided to take all the doors off and paint the doors , hood, front bumper, rear bumper, and possibly the rear hatch all off the Blazer. I started thinking about it and since I have to paint the jams there would be no way to paint the pillar that divides the front and rear door. Even if I could paint it Im nervous that in my old age I will be to slow to make it all the way around the blazer without having dry spots in the clear. So I think taking the doors off is the only way. It's going to really test my skills, if it wasnt a pearl it wouldnt be such a big deal.
That rust hole in your floor is in a place where i would not expect it. Isnt that where your front body mount bolts into? Nothing a little piece of sheet metal and a welder cant fix im sure. I didnt know that was a spot that could rust like that.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I fear about my 94 to have rust in the same spot.

Actually it could be easier a fix than I thought to replace the bracket which sits on the frame bumper.
I have not thought about cutting in from the top, but seeing your picture started an idea on how to fix that.

For the A-pillar and the light rust inside, I'll either drill one or two 1" holes from the inside to properly spray it with corroseal or such and/or have it treated with a corrosion prevention wax, simply over the rust.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
Of course lol. Id rather have it held in than not there at all. Improvise, adapt, overcome right?

That rust hole in your floor is in a place where i would not expect it. Isnt that where your front body mount bolts into? Nothing a little piece of sheet metal and a welder cant fix im sure. I didnt know that was a spot that could rust like that.
yeh man it is odd considering the underside is solid and it only rusted inside the support beam. So from underneath, you see a nice solid support beam- body mount.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by error_401
I fear about my 94 to have rust in the same spot.

Actually it could be easier a fix than I thought to replace the bracket which sits on the frame bumper.
I have not thought about cutting in from the top, but seeing your picture started an idea on how to fix that.

For the A-pillar and the light rust inside, I'll either drill one or two 1" holes from the inside to properly spray it with corroseal or such and/or have it treated with a corrosion prevention wax, simply over the rust.

Right on man, its amazing how looking and reading other posts will give you good ideas,, happens to me all the time. Hopefully, yours is good and wont require any work.

I cant remember exactly how those 94's are but Im thinking there is a plastic interior panel on that A pillar on the inside and if you take that off the factory has some holes already in it. Its been to long and to many vehicles lol

Old 12-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Starting Member

I got all the doors off tonight, I also got a new addition to my paint gun arsenal. DeKups by DeVilbiss. No more cleaning the cup out, I also can have to 34 oz cups mixed and ready to spray and with this system I can spray upside down and the gun wont run out of paint or sputter.

So easy to take doors off with this handy support

Cant wait to try this new system out.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Starting Member

I also did a video showing how to remove the rear side doors.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:13 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Where'd you get that door strand for the jack? And how much was It? That would be super handy around the shop.

Devilbiss makes nice guns!

You're doing a great job on this build man, keep up the good work

Quick Reply: 1995 Chevy Blazer project