Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

33" on my zr2

Old 08-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Starting Member
blue_zr2 is on a distinguished road
Default 33" on my zr2

well they said it coulnt be done without a 6" lift or alot of cutting

well i dont have a 6" lift and didnt cut a thing!
33x10.50r15 bfg A/T

99 zr2 blazer
front i removed the front part of the flare thats it
front has 2" rought country lift.. keys and control arms
rear has 3" add a leaf and not yet install the 2" rear shackels im still workign on getting the bolts out... thats why there rear side bumper trim are still off in the pix... its making it ezer to get to the bolts.. i got one side done free and working on the other side now.. so the rear shackels are not on yet this is why the rear is still sitting low!

btw no rubbing street driving or at full turn

i still need to install the rear shackels and when the 2" P/A body lift gets here i will install that next weekend...

what you think?
i need more lift i should have ordered a 3" body lift and made my own bumper brackets...

Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i think it looks great....

i would be nervous with the front tires..it looks mighty tight. i think a big bump and you will get a rub or two. the body lift will help ya out there.

like i said...otherwise looks awesome, great work.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Looks great! I thought for sure you'd be rubbing at the front on the lower valance but if you're not...

Sigh... It's times like these I wish I bought a ZR2...

Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Starting Member

ya hopefully the boty lift shows up soon... i have been soaking the body mount bolts and broke them all loose and ready to go..
this was i dont run into any problems.. and shouldnt take to long.. air and a good impact should take to long...

Old 08-10-2011, 08:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 will become famous soon enough

looks good

Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you go the 10.5" wide which most 33's are 12.5 inches wide that may be one of the reasons you aren't rubbing. I bet if you go off roading in it it you'll rub. your stock wheels are helping too. looks like you're gonna need those add a leafs you got a little bit of saggin going on

Last edited by Benedict1337; 08-10-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Benedict1337 View Post
you go the 10.5" wide which most 33's are 12.5 inches wide that may be one of the reasons you aren't rubbing. I bet if you go off roading in it it you'll rub. your stock wheels are helping too. looks like you're gonna need those add a leafs you got a little bit of saggin going on
the tires i wanted 33x10.50 so i knew it would work on stock wheels without moding anything...
the add a leafs are in the shackels are not yet on yet....
plus adding the body lift this or next weekend
so i should be good...

Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Looks real good. I do agree with Benedict, if and when you wheel it you may have some contact with the front valance. However you could always trim it down or remove it. Also, don't forget the ZR2 is already a bit higher then a standard Blazer.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I can guarantee you will rub off road on the inner fender at partial to full flex with the wheels cut. Trimming is not that hard and you won't even notice it once you do it. Keep it on the street and you'll be fine. You "may" have to trim a bit on the rear of all four flares, more so on the rear flares, again for off roading.

This is after the BL, btw.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Starting Member

i dont really go offroad this is a street daily driver..
maybe one day i will get it all ready and take it offroad but as it is now it stays to the streets and is a daily driver

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 33" on my zr2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.