Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Box truck straight piped (whoops!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:04 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Box truck straight piped (whoops!)

One of the trucks I load at work had the exhaust pipe seperate before the muffler. I may have had the RPM's slightly above what was needed to get around the parking lot when it happened but accept no wrong doing, ha ha. Thought I'd throw a quick video of it up.

The video does it no justice really. It was right before we clocked out to leave at 1:30 am so no visual at all. Plus the volume of it distorted the recording pretty good. The truck is probley 8 foot tall and about 14 foot or so long. It sounds AWESOME I think but I left a note so they can fix it tomarrow. The driver that runs that route on monday probley doesn't want to listen to exhaust drone on the highway for 8-11 hours .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SovnhDXK43E

Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Ahaha... you'd swear it was a race car... not a box truck.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

thats so awesome lol thats what i want my lil beastie to sound like lol..

Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 AM

I'll get a pic of the truck that it happened to on monday. I always knew that the mufflers on these were huge for a reason, they get loud as sin without them!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Ahhhh you work in a trucking company too? Ive never seen the exhaust come free, but have had a few trailers pull into the yard that were SHORT a set of trailer wheels... Brake drums, 2 wheels, shoes, wheelnut and all. All that was left was the axle stub. Scary wondering where that 600 pound unit went at 100kmph in the dark...?

I gotta get a vid of my buddies mud bogger running. Its got the headers mounted upside down on the opposite sides - they blow forward and up of the engine, its also a 93 Blazer 5.7 with a performer carb and intake on it - and yes they do fit the newer vortec block if you round out the bolt holes to the proper angles with a dremel

Old 07-20-2010, 06:07 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

holy crap AWESOME!!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

That's sounds wild!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

what?!! i couldn't hear what you were saying!!!

and just 'cause they have large mufflers, doesn't mean it makes them quieter-just stick your head next to the exhaust dump, and have one of your buddies rev it up!

or just stand behind my Dart. it has diesel truck myfflers on it, and it routinely catches unwanted attention.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Wow, that thing sounds beast.
If only I could get my blazer to sound something like that :P

Old 07-21-2010, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
and just 'cause they have large mufflers, doesn't mean it makes them quieter.
Ok smarty... Maybe louder wasn't the right term. Maybe it's not so much louder as it is raspy. The smooth mellow tone that I was used to suddenly turned into snarling, screaming demons. And damn it all I forgot to get the pic of the truck! Try again tomarrow.

It's funny, some vehicles you can't get quiet, and some vehicles you can't get loud. I mean diesel mufflers on a muscle car and it's still a rumbler, yet you can do a complete exhaust with headers and not be very loud on a blazer. Unless you throw in a higher lift camshaft and dump it after the catalytic...

Anyways... ha ha