Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Found some mud!!...kinda.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:43 PM
R3MiX is on a distinguished road
Default Found some mud!!...kinda.

It's been drizzling off and on down here for a couple days now, so I thought i'd take the ol' 79 out for some fun to verify the 4x4 actually works. Sure enough, I found some mud and proceeded to get her dirty. Here's some pictures of afterwards. It's too hard to take pictures, steer, and talk to my gf at the same time.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:43 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Nice! That's not enough mud, but that's a nice looking truck! What size tires are you running?

Old 02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

thats a nice 79 , what's she have under the hood a 350? not your girlfriend lol.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 PM

sorry about the delay in gettin back here, was fishin yesterday/today. didn't catch anything, water is too cold still.

vanillathrilla: the tires are 40"/75/16

Spectreblazer: It's only got a 305 under the hood, previous owner did a swap. Took out the original 350 and put in the tiny 305. still has lots of power, but not as much as i'd like.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by R3MiX
sorry about the delay in gettin back here, was fishin yesterday/today. didn't catch anything, water is too cold still.

vanillathrilla: the tires are 40"/75/16

Spectreblazer: It's only got a 305 under the hood, previous owner did a swap. Took out the original 350 and put in the tiny 305. still has lots of power, but not as much as i'd like.

yeah mine had a swap in it too, it was a 6.2L diesel before they converted it to the 350, good ol ice fishing, i like the boat and pole better

Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Damn that is one sexy K5!!. Those tires are HUGE. I demand more pics

Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 PM

As requested.. More pictures are attached to this post. Yes, its still muddy.

Front from far away. Yes, that is a Rancho Dual steering stabilizer set up.

Tailgate/back glass. It's rusty

Seat covers

12" Infinity sub in the back. have 2x10" i might put in instead.

Two amps, Bazooka for the sub, the other one is for the speakers

View of the engine from the passenger side

Driver's side, still no idea what it is. any ideas?

Back seat

Instrument panel

CD player, CB radio, A/C controls.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

looks like the ac compressor to me

Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Guess I should have been more specific, not sure how big the motor is. I know what the part in the picture is. Previous owner came by yesterday to swap the battery out, he told a friend of mine that they took the original 350 out, put in a 305, then took the 305 out, and put in a 350, with a 350 trans? where might I find a number on the block that says how big the motor is?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Google "Chevy Small Block Identification". You can pull the codes off of the engine itself. The casting code will be located behind the driver side cylinder head on the bell housing portion of the block. The block stamping code is located on the top of the passenger side cylinder head deck, in front of the passenger side cylinder, under the alternator. These numbers should let you know what it is you are working with.

Quick Reply: Found some mud!!...kinda.