Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

my 98 4x4 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Beginning Member
justin12234 is on a distinguished road
Default my 98 4x4 blazer

i recently got a 98 blazer, it needs some work done to it but its nothing major, crappy pics ensue:

front end has some clear coat coming off/scratches, looks like they might have bumped into something

rear tire carrier isnt damaged and works just fine after a bit of wd-40. also how can i get the dealer sticker off above the blazer emblem, we didnt get it there we got it from a local wholesaler

does it look like it needs new shocks??? looks like it to me lol, also needs a rear passenger side center cap and new tires all around. also the po slammed the hell out of the rear tire carrier and creased where it bolts on, on both spots

interior is mostly in good shape, except the po was apparently bi polar and when they replaced the front speakers they just literally ripped the door off and broke the 2 bolts holding in the door and most of the snaps on the driver side, haven't took off the passenger to look, has some blaupunkt speakers for the front (never heard of them) and the radio harness is butchered and has unused wires (i dont see how its that hard for people to buy kits to install)

surprisingly the driver side seat isn't tore at the usual spot, ive vacuumed and put in floor mats since

cover is missing because we are in the process of putting the snaps back on, it started raining right after we started so we just left it off

hard to tell but it says 110,062 on the odometer

Kenwood head unit that will get replaced with a jvc kd-s38 so i can hook my ipod touch to it and my dad broke the heater control because he didnt think the heater turned off but it did, got a replacement in our building somewhere so it doesn't look like we jerry rigged it, the 4wd works beautiful and the rear button works but the wiper gear is stripped i think

just a quick shot of the rear seats

the cargo area is all cleaned but it has bleached out spots everywhere, was so scared of the glass falling down because its been cold enough to where it wont support itself i took the pic really quick and that's why it isn't focused

engine bay isn't the cleanest but its not the dirtiest, had to replace the lower radiator hose because the clamp was getting wet, no wires are cut or butchered or have been burned

anyone think we dad good on buying this blazer? in all it was like $2700 for the blazer and around $80 for taxes, tag, and the first insurance payment will be next month

and sadly, its not a ZR2

Last edited by justin12234; 02-20-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

still nice looking good find

Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

If the dealer name on the back is a sticker you can probably get it off with a little heat from a heat gun and just peel it off. I think you can loosen up the glue with a little wd-40 as you peel. The only thing is that you will probably have a ghosted image of the letters in the paint. By the way nice looking truck, and if you are asking about the shocks because of the height of the truck they dont give you height. Your rear leaf springs and front torsion bars on a 4x4 or coil spings on a 2wd give you height. That is unless you have air shocks or the shocks have seized up and are binding. the shocks generally control bounce.

Last edited by DKSDAD; 02-22-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Beginning Member
justin12234 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
If the dealer name on the back is a sticker you can probably get it off with a little heat from a heat gun and just peel it off. I think you can loosen up the glue with a little wd-40 as you peel. The only thing is that you will probably have a ghosted image of the letters in the paint. By the way nice looking truck, and if you are asking about the shocks because of the height of the truck they dont give you height. Your rear leaf springs and front torsion bars on a 4x4 or coil spings on a 2wd give you height. That is unless you have air shocks or the shocks have seized up and are binding. the shocks generally control bounce.
thanks, it just looks weird because the dealer that had the blazer before we bought it had to replace both the rear tires because the owner before him had bands showing on the outside and it looks like the rear is sitting a hell of a lot higher than the front. your blazer is badass, ive always liked the 94-97 front end for some reason.