General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

will transmission from 93 blazer 4x4 fit 95 blazer 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
sfesenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default will transmission from 93 blazer 4x4 fit 95 blazer 4x4

I have 95 Blazer with bad transmission. I bought transmission from 93 blazer. Both cars are 4x4 and automatic.
I took mine off and found out that it is a bit different then one that I bought recently.
It has electronic safety switch that does not allow car to start when on gear. Only on park and neutral. Is there any way for me to put this 93 blazer transmission in, so the car will start and will not have problems? I would appreciate if you can give me firm answer, so I don't have to do triple work. I might pay for answer through pay pal to person who give me good explanation. I really need to get it soon. Thank you guys.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: will transmission from 93 blazer 4x4 fit 95 blazer 4x4

There are other differences besides what you have found on the outside...

The oil pump body and cover were changed as well as the turbine shaft ball capsule, valve body, and separator plate. The pump will need to have the script PWM in the front cover. The valve body will have a PWM (pulse width modulated) TCC solenoid to allow for variable torque converter lockup. The separator plate will have an MU identification code. I do not think it is as easy as swapping over the pump (both body and cover) and the valve body/separator plate, but it may be worth a look. you will definitely want to make sure that all updates to the valve body are done and that all of the solenoid bores are tight to the pistons that go in them.

No compensation necessary. We are all here to help.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
sfesenko is an unknown quantity at this point

So, I jus want to make sure if it will fit or not. Can you please tell me? Will the car run and drive?

Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can bolt it up. Electronics will not work right as your truck will have a PWM signal that will try to modulate the TCC solenoid likely frying the non-PWM solenoid.