Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

My 99 blazer LT

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Quik is on a distinguished road

heres break down of my daily. its a 99 blazer LT 4 door. Got it after i sold my notchback since i needed something more practical. I missed my s10 years ago and wanted a zr2 however i couldnt find one and end up getting this blazer for good price. Since i picked it up wrecked i tossed a LS clip on the front along with a GM goodmark hood. i threw on a set of 17x9 camaro SS 10 spokes powdercoated black with 275/60/17s [30" tall], i then threw a set of 1.25" spacers to give the blazer the even track look. I made a set of shackles and did the T bar crank. Drove it like this for almost 2.5 years and did well on some light trails. Since i needed tires i wanted something little taller so i went with a set of 255/75/17s BFG MTs [32" tall] with the added height of tire i decided to go with a 2" PA body lift. Other mods to truck since its daily isnt a whole lot, has a K&N drop in filter, magnaflow muffler [stock one spilt in half] and is tuned with HPtuners. Prior before the 32s since they were just put on today blazer would see close to 24mpg on the highway, 18mpg with city/highway and 15 mpg city driving. Plan to go little more wheeling this coming season.
heres the pics when i buffed it out this past summer and also todays pics of the BL and 32s

future mods might be 6" suspension lift and 4.8/5.3 drivetrain with possibly 33s but silverado and camaro got get done first

before some speak up, the truck as it sits has been together for 32k miles with that amount of lift on the front end. No issues of wearing out parts or breaking axles, My previous S10 was lifted same with with BFG ATs 31s for 40k worth of miles and never had an issue either. Thanks for concern and i do check my vehicles periodically since i do all my own work on all my vehicles/toys

Last edited by rriddle3; 02-14-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

The truck looks good, but please read this tutorial on image posting.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

You have the truck i aspire to own some day.... and I hate you for it....

Very nice looking rig. Total opposite of your white truck hiding in the garage

Does your D side rear sag a bit? I noticed your Leaf spring is bowed down past the last pack spring before the shackle

Old 02-14-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
You have the truck i aspire to own some day.... and I hate you for it....

Very nice looking rig. Total opposite of your white truck hiding in the garage

Does your D side rear sag a bit? I noticed your Leaf spring is bowed down past the last pack spring before the shackle
no the driverside is actually slightly higher then passengerside. the truck has 132k miles on it so when i made the new shackles i compensated for the sagging springs. Ive been considering new torsion bars and new rear leafs to help bring it back up.

also the truck sits on ranchos

as for the silverado, 2wd trucks go low, 4wd trucks go up. i have a vehicle for different moods you could say. You can search my name on streetfire.net and youtube.com and find videos of my silverado racing and on the dyno and just out being a photowhore

camaro is in garage behind the bike in the one pic

Last edited by Quik; 02-14-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

lifted 4x4? check.
lowered race truck? check
tuned muscle car? check.
ahhh but do you have a bike? yes, check.

damn it. I hate you more and more every time you post....

Old 02-14-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
lifted 4x4? check.
lowered race truck? check
tuned muscle car? check.
ahhh but do you have a bike? yes, check.

damn it. I hate you more and more every time you post....
also have a Z400 for a quad

Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Man sweet looking blazer. I want more pics of the silverado please

Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
Man sweet looking blazer. I want more pics of the silverado please
here link to my photobucket account for the silverado
http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/Quik79/Truck/
http://www.streetfire.net/video/Quik...rbo_210579.htm
http://www.streetfire.net/video/Quik...ado_648580.htm
http://www.streetfire.net/video/Quik...-on_638665.htm

the videos posted are of it with the 4.8 and 88mm turbo, im still currently working on the twin turbo setup

Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Quik
before some speak up, the truck as it sits has been together for 32k miles with that amount of lift on the front end. No issues of wearing out parts or breaking axles, My previous S10 was lifted same with with BFG ATs 31s for 40k worth of miles and never had an issue either. Thanks for concern and i do check my vehicles periodically since i do all my own work on all my vehicles/toys

that's good to know, since there are so many people that are always saying it wears out everything faster.

but again, it all comes down to the driving habits as well.

nice current pic's of the Blazer. feel free to add to the Urban Wheeling thread anytime you feel the need to show off you Blazer's mods.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that's good to know, since there are so many people that are always saying it wears out everything faster.

but again, it all comes down to the driving habits as well.

nice current pic's of the Blazer. feel free to add to the Urban Wheeling thread anytime you feel the need to show off you Blazer's mods.
i beat the snout out of my daily. Just this past week i was in snow pulling ppl out with my 4 wheels spinning upwards of 70mph just trying to get moving lol.

ive had truck buried up to gril in mud [got stuck in rut], i take corners in it like i do in my silverado [slighty slower tho] I drift the blazer around bends whenever possible. Ive had the 4 wheels off the ground on some trails. Maybe it helps that before i got my truck at 90k the previous owner redid entire frontend. I got blazer at 100k and right after i got it back from being fixed i rasied it up. Ever since then the TB been cranked. Anyone that knows of me knows im not easy on my vehicles. If wondering my blazer before i had it was a family ride and had stock height with those sawblade wheels, it loooked no where near as it does now.

my previous S10 was a 2000 xtra cab that had same 17x9s on it for summer and 15x7 with 31x10.50 on it in winter with front TB cranked as well. I had that truck for 42k miles. Never had another issue either, that truck was air borne enough that i blew out 3 shocks. I Bought that S10 new then traded it in and still didnt have issues with front end parts.

not saying anything for a disbeliever to others, just stating ive never had a problem.