Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

new pics of my '86 Blazer project

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 AM
jug
jug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: new pics of my '86 Blazer project

Man, that is one beautiful truck.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Sunshine Coaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for the compliments..makes all the work and money that's gone into it worthwhile. I've been a Chevy man all my life but this is my first 4x4 and never really paid much attention to Blazers until I got this one and i love it. Like Kyle said, I should have swapped to a bigger motor but I find the 2.8 to be fine. I found this site shortly after getting it and it's been a goldmine of information, couldn't have gotten it running as good as it does without the help. Thanks again guys.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

It really does look great. I just wonder how the heck they blew the original engine with so few miles?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:19 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

probably the best looking blazer i have seen that age,

Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM

The story I got on the blown engine was his wife was on the freeway and stared to over-heat...ended up blowing a head gasket and it would have been fine there but she kept on driving until it wouldn't go any more. I took the original engine apart to rebuild it but found 2 spun bearings, all the crank journals were washed out and all the cam bearings were toast. It was cheaper to buy a rebuilt long block than it was to get all the machining done.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point

Lokks really nice for that year,looks nicer than my 96 for sure lol

Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Really sweet truck and one nice find. You did a great job bringing her back to life. I would enter that into your local car/truck shows. You got a clean good looking rig there. Show it off.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:24 AM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point

that thing is mint your so lucky but you should of done the 4.3L swap the 2.8 has like no power but still that thing is gorgious
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-15-2007, 03:41 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful! For $200? I'd buy it, get rid of the '96 I have now because I'd rather have something looking that good than the one I have now. My dad gave me this '96 with nothing but window visors, so I transformed it into a nice looking truck, besides the small dents, and one big one..
My dad had an 86 before he bought this 96, and I remember that was a nice truck. Had the same standard push bar, only his was black. The entire truck was black actually. Since we lived in the city, someone stole his truck, and he got it back without the brush guards..go figure. I guess they were really worth it. The old square body is a beautiful design, and I prefer it over the modern Blazers.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 AM

You would be surprised at how many times I get people coming up to me and commenting on the shape of it or telling me they used to have one or knew a buddy who did. Since the pics were taken I've up-graded the sound system, found a real nice Pioneer deck with speakers, managed to find 4 speakers that fit the stock mounting so didn't have to butcher anything to make them fit. I live right beside the ocean just outside of Vancouver so to see a 21 year olddaily driverwith no rust or body work done is a rarity in itself. Coming from the southern states it was never undercoated so that'll be my project next year. Thanks again for the compliments guys...