Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Pics of blazers with brush guards and lights

Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Little Roober
Ouch. That'll look badass painted black though. Give me a holler if you see another one of those on craigslist anywhere around here. I've been lookin but none will fit.
Just keep in mind that the brush guards from 98+ will fit on the earlier 2nd gens. Mine is for a 98+ truck but a few extra washers in the correct places gave me the room I needed to make it fit.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Red 96'
Just keep in mind that the brush guards from 98+ will fit on the earlier 2nd gens. Mine is for a 98+ truck but a few extra washers in the correct places gave me the room I needed to make it fit.
This^^

My guard came off of a 97 2WD s10. The only real difference between the years is the grill and position of the lights. Anything made for a 95-97 should work on a 98+ and vice versa...

There are two pics at the bottom of this thread comparing the front end of the frame on my 98 and s14sh3r's 97. The bumper mounts are slightly different but all of the holes and body mount locations are identical.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

^That makes me so happy.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
^That makes me so happy.
That's good to hear. Thanks guys.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Andrew, do you have any pics of your bar mounted with the extra washers to take a look at? I am thinking I like this bull bar for the front of my truck. I kind of like the look the skelatal look to it and with my lower valance off the front of my truck it will look like a pre-runner with my exposed front skid plate. The only problem is its for the dreaded 98+. I also figure it will be a good place to mount my PIAA's. If anybody else has any ideas please feel free to let me know.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of blazers with brush guards and lights-bull-bar-black.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Andrew, do you have any pics of your bar mounted with the extra washers to take a look at? I am thinking I like this bull bar for the front of my truck. I kind of like the look the skelatal look to it and with my lower valance off the front of my truck it will look like a pre-runner with my exposed front skid plate. The only problem is its for the dreaded 98+. I also figure it will be a good place to mount my PIAA's. If anybody else has any ideas please feel free to let me know.
Sorry, I don't have any pics of there the washers go . However, from the looks of that bull bar, you may not need them. On my brush gaurd, there are two sets of mounts.

The first set, are the ones that bolt in place of the tow hooks (tow hooks are removed).

The second set, are directly behind the lower crossbar that goes in front of the grille. They run from the guard in between the bumper and the grille, and are help in place by the upper bumper mount bolts. This is where I needed the washers. I needed them to position the second mount correctly between the grille and bumper.

The first picture show the lower mount where the tow hooks used to be.

The second (it's a bit hard to tell) is the upper mounts that connects to the bolts that hold the top of the bumper. If you can make it out in the picture you can see the mount slide in between the bumper and grille. Thats where I needed the washers, in order to get that mount at the right level to squeeze in between there.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I hope it answered your questions haha

EDIT: I think I just found the bar you're looking at, and it doesn't seem to have upper mounts like mine does. So I think you're in the clear, as long as the frame didn't change, which I'm 99.99% sure it didn't haha!

Attached Thumbnails Pics of blazers with brush guards and lights-bumper1.jpg   Pics of blazers with brush guards and lights-bumper2.jpg  

Last edited by Red 96'; 06-12-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, I don't have any pics of there the washers go . However, from the looks of that bull bar, you may not need them. On my brush gaurd, there are two sets of mounts.

The first set, are the ones that bolt in place of the tow hooks (tow hooks are removed).

The second set, are directly behind the lower crossbar that goes in front of the grille. They run from the guard in between the bumper and the grille, and are help in place by the upper bumper mount bolts. This is where I needed the washers. I needed them to position the second mount correctly between the grille and bumper.

The first picture show the lower mount where the tow hooks used to be.

The second (it's a bit hard to tell) is the upper mounts that connects to the bolts that hold the top of the bumper. If you can make it out in the picture you can see the mount slide in between the bumper and grille. Thats where I needed the washers, in order to get that mount at the right level to squeeze in between there.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I hope it answered your questions haha

EDIT: I think I just found the bar you're looking at, and it doesn't seem to have upper mounts like mine does. So I think you're in the clear, as long as the frame didn't change, which I'm 99.99% sure it didn't haha!
Thanks, I think I see what is going on there. If I do get the bar I will need to find a new place to mount the recovery hooks.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 PM

I plan on drilling two holes on the outer side of each frame rail and mount them on the sides. That's how they were held on from the factory, just on the bottom instead of the side.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

alright ill see what i got.

85 s10, grill guard is a mystery. i think it came off a dakota but its been like 10 years

82 suburban, homemade

85 k5 blazer, again not sure. someone gave it to me and i just made brackets for it to work

86 k30. factory military grill guard

93 s10 blazer. again homemade. friend of a friend made it and bought it off him after he could no longer use it

Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Starting Member
blue_zr2 is on a distinguished road

heres a few of mine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of blazers with brush guards and lights