Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Post Off-Roading Pic

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Anybody else wondering whether or not brendan has overlooked the fact that a ZR2 is only a lifted 2 door 4x4 blazer? It's not like it suddenly becomes a Jeep because it has ZR2 on the rear quarterpanel. It's a Blazer with a lift kit, skid plates and a rear locker. Anybody can do that to any other Blazer.
True, we are all kind of limited by the ifs imo. But any blazer can be as capable as any other with a few crucial mods.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Sure, add a locker, lift, good tires and a driver who knows what he's doing and you've got a fun rig. But a ZR2 certainly isn't the be all end all in offroading, hah.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody else wondering whether or not brendan has overlooked the fact that a ZR2 is only a lifted 2 door 4x4 blazer? It's not like it suddenly becomes a Jeep because it has ZR2 on the rear quarterpanel. It's a Blazer with a lift kit, skid plates and a rear locker. Anybody can do that to any other Blazer.
I have not overlooked that. I would say a ZR-2 is as good as a Jeep though. I must say I would rather have a non-ZR-2 2-Dooor because I wouldn't have that tire blocking my view. But because Of the shorter wheelbase of the ZR-2 it can do better off-road than a four door, plus it doesn't weigh as much

Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

A Jeep Wrangler has a shorter wheelbase and solid front axle. How is a ZR2 just as good?

The outside rear tire isn't specific to the ZR2, any 2 door can have that.

As far as ZR2 wheelbase... well, it's the same wheelbase as a 2 door regular but the ZR2 weighs more than a non-ZR2 therefore by your reasoning, a non ZR2 should be a better wheeler?

(ZR2 has skidplates and larger tires... those add weight)

Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
A zr2 is a zr2 An regular blazer could do way better then a zr2 ( DEPENDS ON DRIVER )

I think of them all the same . Zr2s can get stuck too ya know
Put the same good driver in a ZR-2 and a 4-door blazer, And I promise you the ZR-2 will out perform the 4-door off-road.

A Jeep Wrangler has a shorter wheelbase and solid front axle. How is a ZR2 just as good?

The outside rear tire isn't specific to the ZR2, any 2 door can have that.

As far as ZR2 wheelbase... well, it's the same wheelbase as a 2 door regular but the ZR2 weighs more than a non-ZR2 therefore by your reasoning, a non ZR2 should be a better wheeler?

(ZR2 has skidplates and larger tires... those add weight)
You could put a solid front axle on a ZR-2.

I believe I said I'd rather have a 2-door non-ZR-2.

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-06-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the multi-quote feature to respond to quote multiple people in one post.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Just my 2 bits here, but stock vs. stock a ZR2 Blazer is no where near a Jeep Wrangler in straight up capabilities. The jeep has longer travel in the suspension and better axles. I think the drive train in the Blazers is better, but the moment you start upgrading parts the Jeep walks all over the Blazers (both ZR2 and non, excluding custom fabrication). Way more bolt on parts. Don't get me wrong, I love my Blazer but the Jeep is factory purpose built as an off-road capable vehicle. The Blazer (ZR2's included) are built as a comfortable highway vehicles that can go off-road occasionally.

As for the 4-door vs. 2-door debate; having driven both off-road the difference in capabilities is negligible, and unless you have wheeled in both you can't say authoritatively that one is better than the other. I wheel my 4-door Blazer fairly regularly, and I go through stuff that lots of shorter wheel based 4x4s get stuck in because I know how to drive off-road. Its all about experience, knowing the conditions and your truck (proper tires help too).

People buy a vehicle based on their needs. I have a 4 door Blazer because I have kids and I want the space to haul my camping gear. The 2-door Blazers work great for young teenagers because the only people who they put in the back seat are other teenagers who can put on a seatbelt by themselves. If you've tried to buckle a booster seat into the back of a 2-door Blazer or Jeep you know what I'm talking about.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I think the blazer's are constantly being underrated off-road. I keep up with jeeps on a regular basis no problem.

and now back to your regularily scheduled programming

Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
PlanB4x4 is on a distinguished road

my 2 cents on the zr2 to jeep topic, I wheeled with a jeep in those pictures and i did every thing he did and didn't get stuck once. I also had to pull them both out the hole day, grant that iv been doing this a hole lot longer then both of them..... that being said I'm not saying zr2's are more capable then a jeep but will deff. keep up and deserve credit, this truck so far has don't nothing but surprise me in all positive ways. I also do believe that the drive has a heck of a lot to do with how good a vehicle will preform off road....iv been places with my k10 with 35s and six inches of lift that iv witnessed people with 40 and well over 10 inches of lift not make it, its all in how hard you hit the skinny pedal and what u think ur truck is capable of at the time lol.

Jamaroon, your truck is looking real good love the wheels and just general setup you got going on. I have to do a body lift now cause every time i see yours i go to summit or ebay and start pricing out what kit i want lol, I'm torn between doing a first gen 3inch or a 2inch.

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-06-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Beginning Member
cavrron14 is on a distinguished road

and where i got it stuck >.<

Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

heres mine during our new years run

Attached Thumbnails Post Off-Roading Pic-flexing2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Post Off-Roading Pic