Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Showin some 1st Gen love... and some random ish!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
So in other words, when you let off the gas, the speedo stayed buried for a bit and then started to fall. lol.

yeah..........for about 10 to 15 seconds.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:57 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Skool; Nice.

Don't mean to thread jack my own thread but since your hangin around here for a minute. I snapped a few pics of my wheel clearence. Where you said the 31x10.50 cleared factory. I have the 265-75-16, 3 inch body lift. Add a leaf that raised the back maybe half an inch (saggin springs), and roughly 1.5 inch or so torsion crank.

top shot of the rear of the front fender.

Side shot of the rear of the front fender.

Front of the rear quarter panel.

Rear of the quarter panel.

My God. I need to fix that paint flaking on the rear quarter and get my undercoating done agian. Then agian the camera adds 10 pounds of rust/dirt...

Not a whole lot of room, espically in the front. But I plan on and cut the fenders back a little. Plus the rear is a little lower than the front right now. But my friend is gettin' me some 3leaffab shackles for my B-day in June. Like I said, not much room. But I've seen others run 31's factory and have more room. I don't know what it is. Maybe my truck just wishes it was a lowrider, ha ha.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 05-19-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
...........I've seen others run 31's factory and have more room. I don't know what it is. Maybe my truck just wishes it was a lowrider, ha ha.

i hear ya on that!

i swear my '98 sits @ the same level as a 2WD. but that hasn't stopped it yet!!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
I think oldskool is right - 140 sounds familiar. Don't worry. I have an 84 Jimmy with a 2.8L with a carb (and no computer I might add) that's got about 100 HP (115 I think but what the heck it could be less and probably is - but I love it). Go 1st gens!!! They're my favorites even though they look like a shoe box on top of a shoe box.
Yeah, thats the number one thing I hate about my blazer it's slow lol. But I do love the looks of the first gens.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 PM
stereodesigner is on a distinguished road

Sweet
Cant go Wrong with the Zero Gauge wire neither

Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 AM

Speaking of 0 gauge wire.... Guess who got thier big 3 cut today?

This guy. I have NO idea how I'm gonna crimp these bast@rds! I've crimped 4 and even some 2 gauge by hand with channel locks. But these terminals don't have the cut down the center. It's like they put solder or weld to fill the cut down the lug that you crimp and overlap on the wire.

Gonna try a redneck idea of a chisel and hammer. If that doesn't work I'll wait till tuesday and see about going to a heavy equipment shop or something and having them crimp them the right way. Any ideas on this would be more than appriciated.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:17 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Why don't you just solder the sh** out of them? for my 4 gauge i sat there with a torch and solder until i literally had solder oozing out the bottom of the terminal... btw its 5:18 and i still am awake cruising the forum haha

Old 05-30-2010, 06:46 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Grab the ends where you would crimp them with vice grips. Then torch the ring to get it hot and fill them full of solder. The vice grips will take the heat and keep it from deforming the casing on the wires and keep it looking nice.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
stereodesigner is on a distinguished road

Every install i do with Zero gauge just gegt s torch and get the ends on there works great they never come off

Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 PM

I don't care about looks only that it works. Solder never seems to work with me. It just flakes off. Even when I add flux to get it to connect to the strands of the wire it doesn't hold as it should. I'll have to give it another try though.

I just wish I had one of those $500 dollar crimp tools that does up to 4/0 wire.