Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Some pictures of the new(to me) blazer...and a few of the project car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:39 AM
splat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some pictures of the new(to me) blazer...and a few of the project car.

It's a 1996 Chevy Blazer 2-dr LS 4x4, with 120,000 miles.
I got rid of the 2-dr tahoe for this, being it was wayyy to huge and non-economical.
I need to change the spark plugs, as the previous owner hasn't changed them in 5 years. Who knows when they were changed last.
It is getting about 14-15 miles per gallon. I think there is some room for improvement.
Either way, onto the pics.....

Let me know what you guys think.

Now to the project car....
1994 Ford Probe GT. Currently under the knife, getting some major engine modifications....

The black one is my fiancee's.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Some pictures of the new(to me) blazer...and a few of the project car.

Truck looks great.
Congrats. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Default RE: Some pictures of the new(to me) blazer...and a few of the project car.

Thanks, I had it for abotu a week now, and already tinted the front two windows to match the factory windows. And polished it.
Currently thinking about different headlights/tail lights, and rims. But not sure yet.
I been looking around at other people's blazers on here and they look so awsomely clean. I hope to have mine look as good as some of these in the future.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Looks like you picked up a nice clean truck to work with.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea your truck looks a lot cleaner then when I picked up mine from the local dealer. He decided to bring his collie (dog) with him when he drove it around every day to see how it rides and the thing was just a freakin hair ball...took me min 2 hours to clean it all up.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

awe matching probes! how cute!!! But seriously real nice pics there... thats the only thing about my blazer i dont like, is that stupid tire rack on the back. I would love for it to be under the truck.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Nice ride! My gf sold her '97 GT Probe a few years back and misses it like crazy!

The Blazer looks like it's going to be a great truck for you.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 PM

Thanks guys.
Currently the spare tire is mounted on the inside against the drivers side rear 1/4 window. Is it possible to mount it under the truck its self?
So all in all was this blazer worth the $2,000 I got it for?
Technically I traded my 2 door tahoe for it, which I only had like 2k into it...

Old 12-09-2006, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

nice truck!!! I like the style of the probes too, but my friend had one, she said it was pretty gutless.......whats the plans for the engine?

Old 12-09-2006, 05:39 PM

Your friend probably had the I4 SE probe. Mine is a GT with 2.5L V6. They do the 1/4 in mid to low 15s(which is ok I guess). One guy did the 1/4 in 14.9 seconds bone stock with just a KNN filter stuck on the end of the MAF.

As for my plans for the engine....
Megasquirt n' spark V3 standalone engine management unit
KLZE heads with swapped retainers
KLZE gutted custom intake manifold
spec stage 2 clutch + fidanza 9lb. flywheel
SS brake lines, and braided clutchline
forged pistons/rods
toga shimmed oil pump
T3/T04E turbocharger
Walbro 255 lph HP in tank fuel pump
millenia S injectors
phantom grip LSD-Or Mazdaspeed LSD
And Mike Seli High HP turbo regrind camshafts
---------------
Items already installed onto the motor
65mm throttle body
Hotshot headers
decarboned intake manifold(removed and chemically dipped, more for rescuing some lost power)
Jeff Jeske resognated test pipe
2.5" Pacesetter catback with pacesetter monza muffler

I'm just getting started with it though, I know I forgot some stuff but yeah, you get the point lol.